• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Spicy food a harmless form of masochism?

So be it, i don't really care, but is it?

Why do some see it purely as a pain to be avoided while others derive pleasure from the pain?

The same question and phrasing could be used to ask about self mutilation.

Maybe those freaks should discover the burn.

A natural high, I love it. Shhh! Don't let the feds know! They will try to ban it and it just doesn't have the support that booze does.

Yup - had a batch of nachos last night with Pace Hot Salsa, Black Mamba, Talon, Radical Heat, and Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally...What a rush...

rainbowberry said:
Endorphins! Maybe some people just choose not to release theirs this way or don't feel the need to :confused:

Endorphins - I'm on the boat with that. Maybe some people are just overly sensitive to the heat, so the rush isn't worth it to them. And a surprising number of people are scared of pain on any level. Chiliheads know no fear! Self-mutilation is a touchy (and unpleasant) subject so we won't go there, but I think tattoos and piercings are addictive for similar reasons.

Now I'm curious. How many of you have tattoos / piercings? I do.

none on my body...my grandfather made me promise when I was little I would never get a tatoo....I didn't ask the reason, just took it for granted he knew what he was talking about....why?...'cause he was my world........

klyth said:
Maybe Self-mutilation is a touchy (and unpleasant) subject so we won't go there.

but I think tattoos and piercings are addictive for similar reasons. Now I'm curious. How many of you have tattoos / piercings? I do.

Agreed with the self-harm topic. I have tattoos and piercings though.

AlabamaJack said:
none on my body...my grandfather made me promise when I was little I would never get a tatoo....I didn't ask the reason, just took it for granted he knew what he was talking about....why?...'cause he was my world........

I don't wanna sound sappy, but that's sweet. I like that.

No one asked me to promise NOTHIN! ;) Although, my grandparents do get a little upset whenever I get another tattoo... Oh well!

I've got a large "w" tattooed on each butt cheek, so when i bend over it says "WoW" and if i do a cartwheel it says "WoW MoM WoW"

Sickmont said:
I've got a large "w" tattooed on each butt cheek, so when i bend over it says "WoW" and if i do a cartwheel it says "WoW MoM WoW"

Hahahahahhahahah!!! I WANT THAT!!!

I have one tatoo that I gave myself on one bored day in art class in 11th grade It's a small 1cm round dot. I've also given myself some priercings. I did my left earlobe twice but never kept the bobbypin in for more than a few days.

I looooove the pain of a good pepper burn and enjoy it when I see other suffering through the same thing. The endorphin rush is great and I've had some rushes that were so big I had to sit down (one actually made me giggle for over two minutes straight).

I guess this might be boarderline masochism....

You people are bored... :
Well after a day of work with some free time, it's time to have to have some fun! I'm going out... talk to y'all later, or tomorrow. :D

Back