• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf Problems with Yellow Trinidad Scorpions

I am having some issues with two or three of my 25 pepper plants. I don't have any great pictures the moment, but I do have one video that I hope you can use to help me identify the problem.

Here is the history. I first noticed the plant struggling with this a few days after we sprayed the greenhouse for affids and white fly. I was under the impression that all the plants got a dose of the spray. However, 3 of them never completely recovered.

The leafs seem wrinkled up, and they have black blotches on them... Please help!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmAwtlgvT6w

You can try spraying the infected plants with water, leaves and all. Clip off any bad looking leaves that look like they are ready to fall off.
Some worm juice would probably help too as the plants love that stuff and it helps the plants to fight things that set them back. Good luck and nice plants!

Id pick up all those dropped leaves that are resting on the soill as they are a breeding ground for bacteria and pests

You can try spraying the infected plants with water, leaves and all. Clip off any bad looking leaves that look like they are ready to fall off.
Some worm juice would probably help too as the plants love that stuff and it helps the plants to fight things that set them back. Good luck and nice plants!

Id pick up all those dropped leaves that are resting on the soill as they are a breeding ground for bacteria and pests

Everything as been said by Megahot I think.

what spray did you use? also aphid damage can linger for weeks they destroy the you leaf shoots before they get a chance to develop, cutting back the plant to remove all the damaged growth frees up energy wasted on the bad growth. sometimes bacteria grabs hold in the weaker plants H2O2 can help with that.

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/peroxide-garden.html

I don't remember the name of the spray. My boss did the spraying before I came in in the morning. I didn't think the peppers had any bugs on them, but he hit most of the stuff in the greenhouse. Only this one variety was affected.

I'll ask him what the spray was.

I cleaned up most of the dropped leaves and the ones that looked dead. I can't help but wonder if I should just toss two or three of the plants. I have a few others of that variety. I've noticed that flowering just isn't happening on the damaged plants, where the others of this variety have flowers and even a couple of peppers starting to show.

Did you figure out what was causing this? I've got the exact same problem with 2 or 3 of my plants (All chinense, namely 7pot and tobago seasoning ...).
I clipped back the plant about a month ago and new growth seemed fine, but now it's starting to look bad again...

Back