• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BigPapaPepper's 2013 2nd Year Grow

I have just finished putting plants in to my newly built raised beds for my 2013 growing season. These are mainly starter plants that i bought online from John Ford or at the herb festival from Smoking J's Fiery Foods. I have a quick glog video to show where things are going. I have a different house from last season that gets better sun so I should have better results! I will have many more plants going into pots as they mature. Hopefully i will get a ton of Reapers by the end of the season! Thanks for looking :)

EDIT:
Wanted to add the pepper varieties i am growing and who they came from to support the great people on THP as well as other chile heads and vendors that got me into growing and eating these wonderful different peppers!

Carolina Reaper (Puckerbutt)
Bubble Gum 7 Pot (Douglah Breakfast)
Moruga Satan (Ford's Fiery Plants and Foods)
Purple Naga (Ford's Fiery Plants and Foods)
Chocolate Bhut (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Monster Naga (Ford's Fiery Plants and Foods)
Purple Naga (Ford's Fiery Plants and Foods)
Infinity (MegaHot)
Yellow 7 (Cappy)
Brown 7 (Cappy)
Jonah 7 (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Barrackapore 7 (Ken Salinas)
Sunrise Scorpion (Ken Salinas)
Butch T (Tmudder)
Brain Strain 7 (Straight from Cappy)
Scotch Bonnet (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Jamaican Hot Chocolate (Aji Joe)
Chocolate Habanero (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Mustard Habanero (Ford's Fiery Plants and Foods)
Giant White Habanero (Aji Joe)
Piri Piri (Aji Joe)
Black Pearl (Aji Joe)
Fidalga Roxa (Aji Joe)
Tmudder's Douglah x (Tmudder)
Douglah (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Giant Marconi (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Purple Bell (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)
Chocolate Bell (Smoking J's Fiery Foods)

Varieties that did not survive :(

Yellow Moruga
Chocolate Fatalii
Aji Pineapple
[media]http://youtu.be/EONXWVHcNhc[/media]

Nice raised beds! I'm looking to do something very similar when I move in October.

Thanks for the compliments! Making the raised beds was lots of fun and much easier than I thought originally. I did most of my super hot plants in buckets last year. I think the plants will thrive in the beds! This new house has all kinds of beds around it. They will all have peppers everywhere by the time the season is over. I am putting a list below of what I am attempting to grow this year :)

Peppers: jalapeño, purple jalapeño, Bell varieties, douglah, tmudder douglah cross, infinity, scotch bonnet, Brown 7pot, 7pot jonah, brain strain, yellow 7pot, Carolina reaper, chocolate ghost, chocolate fatalii, fidalga roxa, black Pearl, giant Marconi, moruga satan, purple naga, monster naga, mustard habanero, giant white habanero, Tabasco, butch t, chocolate habanero, aji pineapple, and jamaican hot chocolate.

Tomatoes: purple Cherokee, Arizona pink, black krim, black from tula, Roman candle, Mr stripey, Green zebra, yellow pear, red pear, and big Rainbow

Other: winter squash, watermelon

I believe the Yellow 7 Seeds are from Cappy down at the brain strain factory! However, the Tmudder Douglah X came from you :) I cant wait to try that one!

Here is a quick garden update after the frost advisory this morning. It got below 40 but i dont believe the moisture was right for it thank goodness. Everything is coming along nice!

http://youtu.be/86O4QFOoaIA

i know the frost is nuts!  It is finally over though thank goodness.  I took a couple closeups of the seedlings i have going. I will line the front garden with black pearl, decorate a structure in the front yard with the Piri Piri and Fidalga Roxa, and then  grow about 20 of the different superhots in different sized containers.  I want to find the most efficient way!  More pics to come.  The fertilizer i am using is making these guys grow like the hulk haha.

Seedlings at stage 3 in the Green House
20130515_083152_zps5f785a96.jpg

Carolina Reaper
IMG_20130514_191342_zps9ee904da.jpg

Fidalga Roxa

IMG_20130514_161213_zps507d02eb.jpg

2 of my Fidalga Roxa plants.  I Wonder why the colors are so different?

20130514_153007_zpse5d4fc5f.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate Habanero
IMG_20130514_160144_zps71d85773.jpg

Scotch Bonnet
20130514_153208_zpsdbb62a27.jpg

7Pot Brown
20130514_153040_zps40d253e1.jpg

2 of my cool tomatoe plants.  I am trying them out in containers this year to see the difference between that and putting them in the ground.  White Queen (Left) and Mortgage Lifter (Right)
20130513_144657_zps190a4c81.jpg

The beds are 3x6 but if I could go back I would do 4x8. The beds will be slightly over crowded but should still work well! I will definitely be eating one for the finals. I may do it sooner ha ha. I have a chocolate ghost in the freezer from last season! The pacers scared the heat last year in the second round. That was when I ate my first pod, the yellow 7! Nothing prepares you fur the first pod you eat. Took my breath away and turned me pale

Cool man! You'll be fine with them in there! Plus you have 392 plants on the porch haha! Looking good!

Things are still going well.  I totally killed a couple plants.  Not sure exactly what happened but they just dropped all their leaves and died.  Others are doing very well though so good thing i grew plenty :)

Seedlings. Some ready for repotting!
20130605_112401_zpsd6236d04.jpg

Douglah X
20130605_112321_zps8c915084.jpg

Jamaican Hot Chocolate
20130605_112326_zps7cce5da4.jpg

Carolina Reaper
20130605_112334_zpse56fb3a1.jpg

Infinity Chile
20130605_112351_zps9fc28126.jpg

Sunrise Scorpion
20130605_112310_zpsabe50d81.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohr5QteocVA

killer! That purple jap from the video looks awesome too. have to trade some poddage later in the season!

Everyone is in their final home and there has been significant growth! So far the fidalga roxa looks the coolest with it's purple leaves

http://youtu.be/5PV9qMMATjE

Back