#1 OhioHeat

OhioHeat

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • aka:"Oh Great One", "Sir" or "Ahole"

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

I recently stop by a nursery/garden center in N.E. Cincinnati area called Natorp's they've been around close to 100 years in our area but I never thought to check them out for our pepper plants and much to my delight they have quite a good selection (as of Sun. 5/5/13) Most were a good 8" or taller, very healthy looking and priced very well I thought.
example(s)
trinidad scorpion butch $5, Tabassco $2, Thai Hot $2.25 ... I think the highest I saw was 5.99 on any. here's a link to their pepper pdf menu.

Like I said I was surprised they have this much, I've always thought of them as a tree/shrub place...go figure.
If you are late to growing this season these guys will hook you up. I spoke to Ron Wilson while there and he was a wealth of info regarding my planting needs and is a hot pepper fan himself.

Give'em a shot.
http://www.natorpnur...t.com/home.html

OhioHeat, Ed G.

#2 compmodder26

compmodder26

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,997 posts
  • aka:Brian

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

NICE!! They have a great variety of peppers. And I'm shocked that they have so many supers. Wish I were closer.

#3 Jeff H

Jeff H

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,640 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

I've always thought of them as a tree/shrub place...go figure

Me too. I never would have given them a second thought for a place to buy peppers.

Their list looks pretty good so it looks like I'll have another resource if I manage to kill some of the plants I have growing now. The store is only 30 minutes from me.

For Real, in my kitchen!  ...Or if not, then we'll be at Scovie's watching him rub his butt...

#4 OhioHeat

OhioHeat

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • aka:"Oh Great One", "Sir" or "Ahole"

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm a about a 30 mile drive from them, well worth it I think. Spotted some horseradish while I was there too, I'll be back this weekend if not working OT.
I should mention that Ron Wilson said that if they don't have it this year let them know what your needs are and they'll have it next time.
OhioHeat

Edited by OhioHeat, 08 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vendor, nursery, garden, pepper growing, plants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests