• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

capsaicin Will eating pure capsaicin crystals cause my death?

I understand that you will most likely think this is an extremely bad idea however I'm generally known to be crazy by my peers. I like to test myself with physical pain (ever tried to use dencorub extra strength heat cream as lube, I have) and I know this will hurt. What I don't know is if it will kill me. I will dilute it in a small amount of vodka and i will try the hottest hot sauce I can find beforehand to see if I can take it, I'll have a mate with me to call the paramedics if need be and of course, I will record it and put it on youtube.

No,but,you'll wish for death. The hottest hot sauce is no where near the heat of pure capsaicin crystals. Would be the equivalent of gargling bees

Pure Cap Crystals diluted in a little vodka may not even feel that hot in your mouth (seriously), if you swallow it immediately.
But what it will do to your insides...

I would suggest swishing it around your mouth for at least 5 minutes (for the full effect) before contemplating swallowing it.

After you Super Dave Osbourne this stunt, I want to see you rubbing fresh Bhut's in your eyes.

I doubt anyone knows what the lethal dose for capsaicin in human might be. It`s kinda hard to get the test subjects!!!

However, the The LD50 in mice is reported to be 47.2 mg/kg.  LD50 is a measure used a lot in pharmacology and basically means that this is the dose that  when administered to a large number of mice, will cause 50% of them to die.

("R.E.D. Facts for Capsaicin". United States Environmental Protection Agency. Retrieved 2012-11-13.)

If the average human weighs 80kg, then you`d need to eat 3.776g of Capsaicin to have a 50% chance of dying, assuming that the data from mice are accurate for humans, which may or may not be true. 

hay purple wiggle?         yup lets smoke some powder you "keeping up with your peers". im all about that if you will do it ill send you some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a feeling we never hear from p.wig again!  he got grounded for posting that stupid story?

sicman said:
hay purple wiggle?         yup lets smoke some powder you "keeping up with your peers". im all about that if you will do it ill send you some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a feeling we never hear from p.wig again!  he got grounded for posting that stupid story?

Back