• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lighting Lighting/location question?

Hey everyone!
So for the past month or so I've had my old snakes cage occupied by my peppers. I put some lights on the top lined it with tinfoil and turned it into my greenhouse. Most of my pepper plants are still small seedlings but I'd like to move the greenhouse. We have a sunroom at the back of our house and I'd like to move it to a sunny spot in there. Thing is, if I did, I'd like to leave the lights on over night. Since it's been in my room I've been turning off the lights when I went to bed and turning them back on in the morning. Would it be okay if I just left the lights on all day and night? I'm asking if it'd be okay for the peppers there were many occasions where I'd leave these lights on for weeks so I know it won't harm the bulb. Thanks everybody!

If they are baby seedlings yes, I give my seedling 24/7 light after the first two weeks, then start cutting back. Your bulbs will eventually go out depending on use, just like every other bulb. I wouldnt sweat over it!

Back