• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Morugas looking a little deficient in something

I have whatever the opposite of a green thumb is but after several months my morguas are growing very slowly. But they're starting to look very pale green and even have white patches following the veins on several of the leaves.

I bought some blood meal because someone told me on here that would help with the green. Waiting for a confirmation to go ahead with that.

http://imgur.com/a/yqDGc
that is not glare for the most part, they are turning paper white. What do I do?

Oh and before you say it's sunburn, they were under a fluorescent grow light until a few days ago and have hardly gotten too much sun.

Edit: It's entirely possible that they're deficient in my IQ as far as plants go.

It's difficult to tell from the blurry photos. What is your watering and fertilizing regimen? What soil are they growing in?

suchen said:
It's difficult to tell from the blurry photos. What is your watering and fertilizing regimen? What soil are they growing in?
I figured they're a little too young to fertilize much, but I put a very tiny amount of blood meal in with them. The soil is 1/3 perlite, 1/3 peat moss, and 1/3 miracle grow potting soil.

I water them so the soil stays damp and never fully dries out on top, but I don't keep them dripping wet or anything.

Try letting them dry out until the leaves just start to wilt. I am not sure if what you have is a deficiency or not, but keeping the soil moist is not good for hot peppers. They likes it warm and dry :onfire:

Agree with everyone else, looks like too much water to me. Don't water them again until they start wilting, then water and put in the shade and they'll perk back up.

Remember chili's like dry soil. Like others said only water when they start to droop. Plus drier soil means less chance for pests i.e fungus gnats etc.

Back