• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ivy Mike Bacon-Wrapped Surprise Poppers

Ingredients:
  • 12 Peppers (any superhot will do really)
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened preferrably)
  • 12 slices of bacon
  • 12 toothpicks (soaked to prevent burning)

Prep/Cooking instructions
  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Halve all the peppers, laying them out open-side up, ensuring that the two halves remain by each others' side
  • Scoop cream cheese into the pepper halves, then reassemble each pepper.
  • Take each newly reconstituted pepper and wrap it with bacon, then stick the toothpick in to hold it together
  • Place the poppers onto a baking tray, and cook for at least 15 minutes or until bacon looks crispy. Serve and enjoy the people tasting a thermonuclear popper surprise

where the pic at? but ill wait
popcorn.gif

sicman said:
where the pic at? but ill wait
popcorn.gif

I'll chalk it up to me being an idiot. In my haste to make 'em, I didn't realize I had taken out the flash card from my camera the other day :P Next time!

TXCG said:
You should try adding dry ranch dressing mix to the cream cheese. It is life changing.
screw that go to the "drunken chef" we gots ranch flavored soda to fill all those needs
flowstone.gif

elcap1999 said:
Ingredients:
  • 12 Peppers (any superhot will do really)
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese (softened preferrably)
  • 12 slices of bacon
  • 12 toothpicks (soaked to prevent burning)
Prep/Cooking instructions
  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Halve all the peppers, laying them out open-side up, ensuring that the two halves remain by each others' side
  • Scoop cream cheese into the pepper halves, then reassemble each pepper.
  • Take each newly reconstituted pepper and wrap it with bacon, then stick the toothpick in to hold it together
  • Place the poppers onto a baking tray, and cook for at least 15 minutes or until bacon looks crispy. Serve and enjoy the people tasting a thermonuclear popper surprise
Do you remove the seeds and what-not? Gonna definitely try this. Think I'll go with goat cheese though....

VR,
Harold

Jamison said:
I do this every time I go to a party or cook out. People don't trust me anymore for some reason.
I made jalapeño poppers one time and made a couple of habanero poppers for myself and another guy that loves heat. I told even when i took them off the grill that the small ones on the separate plate are super hot so dont eat them if you arent ready. Well of course someone who doesnt like spicy thought because they were smaller that they would be the better choice. Needless to say they also dont trust me anymore...

Phobos said:
I made jalapeño poppers one time and made a couple of habanero poppers for myself and another guy that loves heat. I told even when i took them off the grill that the small ones on the separate plate are super hot so dont eat them if you arent ready. Well of course someone who doesnt like spicy thought because they were smaller that they would be the better choice. Needless to say they also dont trust me anymore...

You did warn them.. :rofl:

Jamison said:
I do this every time I go to a party or cook out. People don't trust me anymore for some reason.
 Same for me from my family and friends.  But there's always my dumbass brother-in-law.  Even after 20 years, I can still get him with "it's not that hot, Trust Me!"  :halo: 

:rofl: 

But back on topic, I like to add a little sweated onion and garlic to the cream cheese, buzz it up in the food processor, then stuff the pods, combine, wrap, etc....

I mince up the garlic and onion, maybe 2-3 Tbsp onion and 1 tbsp. fresh garlic, put it in a little micro-safe bowl and cover with geeme-wrap (cling wrap ;) ), nuke it for 44 seconds, shake it or squish it a bit under the cling wrap, nuke it for another 22-33 seconds if needed to get the stuff soft.  Mix it in with the cream cheese. 

Bacon, cheese, superhots.
Nothing more is really needed.
Suppose some fresh Asiago works wonder here to keep it simple.

Back