• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

awesome ted talk "guerilla gardening" - "growing food is like printing your own money"

Here's a link to a UK-specific site.

http://guerrillagardening.org/community/index.php?board=2.0

Allotments are popular in Britain and the waiting lists are quite long if you want to get one.

For something more specific to America there's this web page that talks about Dmitry Orlov's book called 'Reinventing Collapse: The Soviet Experience and American Prospects'

http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/82003/america-vulnerable

The premise being that much of American society will find the coming crash far harder to cope with than what happened in the Soviet Union because the Soviet people were used to growing their own food whereas even American farmers don't grow their own food. (In case you're wondering what crash the site is about how unsustainable modern day society is, as in peak oil, peak water, peak minerals and the ability to pollute without consequence etc).

Inspiring, plant edible plants as much as you can! When I help friends with landscaping questions, I always say "can you eat it?" Thanks for sharing.

With all the Homes being repoed by banks some houses set empty for years, there are two very close to where I live that are now condemned but they both have large back yards that have set empty for several years because the owner let them go to the bank which can't sell them so there they set till the roofs fell in, the city plans to tear them down to reduce fire hazards and keep animal and human vermin from moving in. There are other lots that set empty and unused after the old houses were torn down. There is no reason why  someone couldn't plant a few edible plants in the corner of one of them. I seriously doubt that anyone would notice if there was food plants planted along side old over grown lots, abandoned farm land and even city roof tops. 

Back