• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Comparison of purple plants

I grouped some of my purple plants together for a comparison of colors. You might have to inlarge the picture to really it a better view. I hope it is intresting to some.

Top row left to right
Bhut Purple, Zanahoria Triangulo, Pimenta da Neyde
Middle row left to right
Cheiro Recife, Yaki Hybid, Mata Frade, Mata Frade, CGN 21500
Bottom row left to right
Moruga Purple?, Bhut x Pimenta da Neyde, TS Green (the others are green), Cheiro Roxa, Pimenta Moranga

PURPLES 0011.jpg

The picture is not that great. I think when they are larger I will do one plant at a time. My camera does not show the clolors well in this group shot. Oh well.

Interesting....you will have some changes in the leaf colors as they mature  depending on how much direct sun the plants receive . Whats just as interesting is the change of color within the pods.

PIC 1 said:
Interesting....you will have some changes in the leaf colors as they mature  depending on how much direct sun the plants receive . Whats just as interesting is the change of color within the pods
They have been in the sun most of their life. About 9 hours a day. I think I like them mixed in with the others. It adds a nice contrast. We are looking at low 70ish temps now so things are finely kicking in. I think Pubes and purple plants would be nice landscaping. I did a hedge of Bhuts last year.

The purples are awesome. I will definitely be interested to see how some of those pods look, as I don't know all those species! 

I've become fascinated by them and potentially making crosses in the future and started some Pimenta da Neydes.  

Back