• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I NEED HELP!!

OK I really Need help now!! I cant stop planting!!:lol:
adding 3 more variety's of chile's to my incubator 2 for me
(naga morich fatalii) 1 for next door neighbor (big jalapeno)
please tell me that the addiction will end please!!!! :hell:

GRRRRRRRRRR Not what I wanted to hear in fact its so bad add another chile to the list adding 1 more for me tollies italian argggg help :lol: grrr scratch that make it burning bush changed my mind lol

Like the reason for the edit. No, it's not lame, just long ;)

And no, the obsession will not stop. IIt can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargened with, it will not stop until you are dead.....

You're not too bad yet. Wait till you start tilling up places in your lawn to have room for more peppers. Then, when you run out of lawn, you buy more land so you can plant more peppers.

Alan

lol well cant till the backyard I wont have any room for the planned up coming puppy i can see it now
coming to a theater near you a puppy and hot chile's 1 mans personal nightmare :lol: crap i forgot my other addiction fly fishing well something is gonna have to bend lol

Mister_Al said:
You're not too bad yet. Wait till you start tilling up places in your lawn to have room for more peppers. Then, when you run out of lawn, you buy more land so you can plant more peppers.

Alan

:Raises hand: I even put a garden in the neighbors yard

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
GRRRRRRRRRR Not what I wanted to hear in fact its so bad add another chile to the list adding 1 more for me tollies italian argggg help :lol: grrr scratch that make it burning bush changed my mind lol

I was only gonna grow about 50 plants this year........

imaguitargod said:
And no, the obsession will not stop. IIt can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargened with, it will not stop until you are dead.....

Mister_Al said:
Alan

Peppers are adicting...Anything to do with them....

well im done til i start transplanting and/or when its warm enough to put em outside cause "incubator" is full cant fit anymore :lol:

Umhuh...thats what you say now...I bet you could find 15 bucks somewhere...and that is a shop light and two fluorescents......

sorry, but you are an addict.....welcome to my world.......:lol:

well im done til i start transplanting and/or when its warm enough to put em outside cause "incubator" is full cant fit anymore :lol:

Wait until you start rigging up "temporary" germinators on the kitchen counter. Just wait...it'll come.

Pam said:
Wait until you start rigging up "temporary" germinators on the kitchen counter. Just wait...it'll come.
OH! Good idea!

: goes and looks at kitchen :

Actually, this could work. I'm going to post a picture in a few minutes on this thread....

Pam said:

imaguitargod said:
OH! Good idea!

: goes and looks at kitchen :

Actually, this could work. I'm going to post a picture in a few minutes on this thread....
Ok, thanks to Pam, I have a new grow spot. I'm going to convert this (to my parent's protests no doubt) into a grow area for when the potted peppers get too big for the grow lights downstairs and in my room.

light3lr5.jpg

It's in the kitchen AND has a florescent fixtures already IN PLACE!!! HAHAHAHAHA! Pam, you're such a genious I could kiss you! I always thought this thing was a stupid area that just never gets used and now after 40 years of it being there, it's going to be used!!!! I LOVE IT!!

Notice the horrible 60's wallpaper ;)

well here my dilemma house in summer has central air too cool no summer growin indoors basement is way too cool in winter so no wintering backyard well heres the problem backyard with more than 20 5 gallon buckets of chile's + 1 German Shorthaired Pointer puppy = DISASTER :lol:

HotPeppersFlyFishing, I agree with everyone else. This is a SERIOUS addiction. :P And this too is my first year at this...I have quickly outgrown my grow area (no pun intended) for this year and have plans for ordering about 24 more plants from Cross Country Nurseries. My yard is going to have a maze of garden beds in it. Plus, my wife is convinced that I have lost all common sense... AND, as funny as this will sound, especially since I now have 74 plants growing. I started out this year just wanting to try to grow a "couple" varieties...

I am now planning on building a grow room in my basement for next year. My basement is also too cold, stays around 50 degrees in the winter. I think I have a plan/solution. I have a 12X8 room in the corner of my basement that I have cleaned out. I am planning on buying 4X8 sheets of insulation board (the kind that is black on one side and foil on the other) enough to cover the walls in this room. Then I am planning on buying a heater for this room like this one http://www.heater-home.com/product/PH-12A.aspx Next I'm working on a way to put a fan on the ceiling for air flow.

I have completely became consumed with this...But, hey, there are worse things to be addicted to. Right???

Paul

I've been doing this for a few years now and it started with one plant... then two... and I was cool... then the next year 10 on my apartment balcony, which left me standing in a 2x2 foot corner by the middle of the summer. Oh, I know what you're thinking... 10 to 15 plants is nothing, right? It all started so innocently... the occasional jalapeno or serrano in salsa, a cayenne for grinding... Then came the habaneros... and Thai dragons... soon I was in a tailspin, proclaiming to my friends who believed that I had gone too far, that perhaps I had gone mad: "At least it's not crack!!!"... They found me days later in my bathtub rocking back and forth in my pajamas eating a bowl of sliced habaneros and shouting wildly at the faucets...

HPFF, I wouldn't worry about it, eventually you'll run out of room. :hell:

T

Back