• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

HornetBOMB - Pexpeppers

Well, its always cool to be NR 1 so here I am, the first Norwegian customer, maybe the first Scandinavian, or North European even! And the first words I write about someone else's product. Well in the mail came two bottles of this color bomb of a hot sauce. For a small producer I think the label looked quite professional. And since the bottle was only 7USD, the shipping 23USD, he handed me a bottle for freee! Thats very nice of him, I sure appreciate that. 

So here I am with the bottles and no need to await the tasting. Great color, and fine texture, could have been somewhat thinner, but thats just personal preferences. Smells allot of habs, but thats was also expected. A spoon went down and instantly I could taste the habs, but after seconds a delicious sweetness of honey went through the mouth accompanied with the hab heat. Its hot, very hot for a hab sauce indeed! But the flavors just work as a dream together and do their magic. Really nice composition going on here. I liked how the heat continued for a while, not fading right away and that its eatable for non chiliheads too, I think! Might as well be one of the best disguised habanero sauces I tried, as I´m not a big fan of the hab taste in particular. But this did the trick... If I should complain on anything it would be the slight metallic taste right away. Like from extracts, but not far as dominating. Awesome, cant wait to glaze some beer can chickens when I get home from South Africa in 12 days. 85/100 from me dude! Really really good sauce! And if its as good as I think with white meat, I up it to 90!   

Yeah. Congrats.

Just fed it to a friend, a spoon. She likes decent hot food, she liked it too but thought it had a little too much heat. So I gave her a small piece of Moruga. Hahaha. That solved it

Back