• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Superhots Only

Ok going to start a log of all my superhot pepper plants basically anything hotter than a ghost pepper.... Ill be posting pics weekly of a plant from each strain I have growing. Currently I have a small veriety. Jays red ghost scorpion, carolina reaper (hp22b) and the sunrise scorpion. Any other growers feel free to post pics (of super hots only) to compare and comment with any advice or input you may have thanks!
20130606_140840_zps356804e2.jpg

20130606_140843_zps394dc133.jpg

20130606_140846_zps147dcc2d.jpg

20130606_140852_zpsea9e3040.jpg

^^06/02/13^^
The other peppers ill be ordering today; yellow trinidad 7 pot primo. 7 pot brain strain. Chocolate trinidad scorpion. 7 pot congo gigantic. Malaysian goronong. Black naga. Jay's peach ghost scorpion. Trinidad perfume. Ecuadorian devil's breath. Cheiro roxa. Noga morich. Butch t / 7 pot jonah hybrid.

Seems to have 2 reaper in the same pot....   split them out men!!!!    grow them seperately  that will make 2 big and nice extra hot plants :)

Lookin' good. I've been meaning to get my hands on some Ghost-Scorp seeds. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks walkgood even more heat on the way. Yea I noticed the 2 in 1 on the reaper but the one is dying so im not too worried about it. Just ordered the rest of my hots for the year got some different strains of 7 pot hybrids and some other obscure scorpions and. Will post pics when the mail man drops them off. And if our looking for seeds rancor the same place I ordered my plants from sell seeds and dried pods year round of all types of rare peppers.
20130606_140900_zps7a7c11e0.jpg

Heres the rest of my peppers im growing. Got some super chilis. Hungarian wax. Jalapenos. Habaneros. Bananas. Lemon drops and bells and a few others im unsure of. i have about 70 plants this year including the ones one the way lol

20130609_170557_zpsc3545d4f.jpg

Does going from full spectrum of the sun to 6500k have any affect?
This is where they sit if its raining or just crappy outside. . Im running a t5 with all 6500k bulbs at 20,000 lumes. Is that good? Should I swap 1 of the bulbs with the flowering or red spectrum light? I have another light with 1 of ea setting here so I could change it out real quick if it makes a difference. Im just doing this at 1st due to night temps but now to keep them from being out in the rain and getting overwatered sense theyre less than 8wks old and still not very large or strong plants. Ive searched and couldnt find this topic anywhere. im not wanting to do more harm than good tho so any input will be greatly appreciated!

Wow, there are already places selling reaper plants? I bet they weren't cheap considering the seeds themselves are $1 a piece!

Fairly cheap $7.99 I dont even think the most expensive I think the trinidad butch t was 8.99 lol I seen some site wanting 25 to 35 $ per plant and I laughed. And he has 10+ packs of seeds for $6. the guy has probably 20 or 30 left of the reaper plants. I dont really think theyre guna be the hotest like theyre claimed to be. But all my potted varieties came from the same place and the ones in the ground come from farm and home for 4/$1

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I demand you change the GLOG name, Burpee plant is not a super hot. :) Great start and best of luck!
Lol the burpee is a zavory habanero hab flavor only no heat. it just got thrown in the mix because its potted. I plan on making sauce again this year and going to try adding some no heats in for flavor. Thinkin about buying a scorpion perfume & trinidad pimento plants to go along with the heatles hab. But yea its not a part of this glog its stricly for my hots.
And thanks btw. 1st year going this many plants, i had 2 habs & a jalapeno last year haha

Good luck this year. If you need any help this year get in touch with me, I am just a couple of miles away from you! Its awesome to have another grower in our area!

Also, I usually sell superhot plants locally in the Spring, it might make it easier to get them without them having to stress being mailed.

theghostpepperstore said:
Good luck this year. If you need any help this year get in touch with me, I am just a couple of miles away from you! Its awesome to have another grower in our area!

Also, I usually sell superhot plants locally in the Spring, it might make it easier to get them without them having to stress being mailed.
Thanks! Ill be sure to keep you in mind. Guna check out your site n see what strains youve got.
Well I see no plants just peppers on your site, what strains do you grow/sell? Im looking to add as many obscure chinese strains I can get my hands on!

Had a few affids on a plant again today but nothing major just 5 or 6 I removed by hand. just 1 plant again.
I dont get it why so few and why just 1 plant?
Anything I could plant elsewhere in my yard that would attract them to that rather than my peppers?
any treatment I could hit my entire yard with to help prevent them from coming around?

You probably wont be able to completely prevent aphid, at least not in our area. 5 or 6 are not going to harm a plant really, it is still a good idea to squish them. Once it warms up and we hit summer, they won't survive in any great numbers anyway.

In the fall, yellow mums will attract them. You can use the mums as "bait plants", most of the aphids will go for the mums, then you can spray the mums with your weapon of choice.

Back