• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

my 1st attempt at aact tea..

Ok well like the title says i read up allot on this topic and based on the how to guide here im giving it a shot.

I had basically everything here it listed was needed.
Some left over mykos from my previous transplants (around 2tbs)
Between 1/2 & 2/3 cup worm castings.
I had a wide selection of organic ferts so I used around a tbspn of ea;
*indonesian bat guano
*2 kinds of mexican bat guano
*Peruvian seabird guano
*rainbow mix bloom with mycorrhizae
*2tbs unsulphered molasses
& 1 Handfull fresh grass clippings
I added the rainbow mix to my ingredients sense it had the mycorrhizae but if thats a bad idea I can redo the mix sense my watter is still aerating to remove the chlorine.
Might be overkill on the pump im using to air it out sense mine came with a 12 plant store bought hydro setup. Im using 2 1ft airstones that dont set on the bottom but I figured the amount of air im moving should do the same or better than a fish pump.
If anyone has any input or suggestions or Im not doing something right let me know. Thanks
20130611_124857_zps79ea6737.jpg

Hopefully quality enough to see the stones in the bucket.

20130611_124820_zpsd86ce960.jpg

All the stuff I used, forced to use a pillow case sense I just used all items I already have sense they cost 0 $ lol
Does using a pillow case get the job done with the same efficiency and in thr same time? Just wanting to know all the things I couod think of that werent explained in depth in the howto guide.. thanks again
Also going to add in a little fish emulsion

Yep it got cut down. Actually worked out nice I had just enought to tie a 2nd not to clip onto the hook in put in the bucket lid. Just hoping it will allow enough of the goodies to expell from the bag. Stil no foam up top but only been bubling for 3-4hrs now.

jedisushi06 said:
you need a tbl per gallon of molasses.  Everything else looks great.
That is incorrect. 2 Tbs. is all you need in a 5 gallon bucket.

A pillow case is too fine of a weave to allow the microbes to escape the bag. Experts recommend a 400 micron bag but a sock would probably work, it's just hard to clean it when done. You do need to clean the equipment ASAP after brewing or it can turn bad.

Proud Marine Dad said:
That is incorrect. 2 Tbs. is all you need in a 5 gallon bucket.

A pillow case is too fine of a weave to allow the microbes to escape the bag. Experts recommend a 400 micron bag but a sock would probably work, it's just hard to clean it when done. You do need to clean the equipment ASAP after brewing or it can turn bad.
how am i incorrect?  the sugar feeds the brew son.  Also they sell these "paint strainer bags"  at hardware stores that work great.

My last 2 batches I have skipped the bag completely. I use most of the liquid as a soil drench and it's not too hard to filter 1 or 2 quarts for use as a spray.

If the bag is no go can I just dump the stuff in and strain it once its rdy? Id prefer not to have to scoop that crap out of there lol
If not any sock without holes will do?
I just feel like the pillowcase is preventing stof from getting out like pround marine dad said. So if it is id like to fix asap!
Thanks

jedisushi06 said:
its unessecary if you use material that is already providing an adequate amount of food for a billion count jump in microbial colonization via aeration, besides, that recipe is fertilizer...not a true AACT
I use no bags or molasses, I use the top portion of tea for my spray and the rest as a soil drench, including all "material" in the bottom of the resivoir.

Yea I went ahead n used gloves and switched to a sock. Already way more stinky and allot darker. I do believe the pillow case was restricting the flow of things.
I really see no reason for a bag either other than preventing straining.. I may be wrong though

sorry i forgot that you guys know everything about everything on here.  My bad.  I won't offer advice to noobs anymore.  Just let you guys do all the bullying.  Tools.

Proud Marine Dad said:
I hear you Rodney, being called "son" by someone young enough to be my son is funny.
you both act like children on here.  Reason for calling you "son".

Hey now children.. lmao just kiddin :p
Ne need for hostility were all here with 1 main goal. Knowledge on growing peppers, some of us having knowledge and sharing with others and the rest like myself who have no knowledge and are searching for advice and input from experienced growers. So lets keep it to that you guys. No disrespect intended to anyone just speaking truth..
If you find it necessary to be hostile just pm them :)

Anyway... lol
Heres a pic of my tea started yesterday around 230pm my time so about 20hr in and already lookin good from what ive read its doin exactly what it should be. If not let me know

20130612_100931_zps22fbe190.jpg

Back