• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What's wrong with my indoor Bhut Jolokia?

I'm attempting to grow a plant indoors but right next to a south-facing window. I'm in Wisconsin. I bought the plant at a store and it's grown to like 5 inches.

For some reason the leaves are REALLY stemmy-- there's like a 2-inch stem before each leaf, causing them to droop down a lot. Some leaves have weird light green spots on them, some have crispy edges, and many are forming bowl/boat shapes towards the ground. I have a Bhut Jolokia outside as well and it looks ENTIRELY different. I fertilize both with Algoflash tomato, reccomended by someone at the store. What's up?

pictures say a lot more than your description, post some pics so we can help you more.

what type of fertalizer?
how often do you water?
how much light does it get?

If not getting enough sun/light, like inside without lights on them, peppers will get "leggy" as they attempt to stretch toward the light. Does that sound like your issue? Your outdoor plant should be less "leggy" due to the sufficient light it receives. As Balduvian states, a photo would be much more useful. One picture is worth a thousand words...

huhwdx.jpg
here it is outside, i put it outside on sunny windless days. 4-6-8 fertilizer, Algoflash Tomato (told it would work for peppers)

they're probably like that because they're trying to get sun

wisconsin's full sun is worth half an hour of equator sun

Back