3 replies to this topic

#1 BurningStar

BurningStar

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

I made a sauce yesterday that I am going to add the thai chili oil too.  It is a very simple vinegar based sauce.  The bell pepper flavour comes out very nicely.

Does anyone else make a hot sauce without using an actual chili? or am i crazy?

and it begins....

#2 salsalady

salsalady

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 14,811 posts
  • aka:SL, HSL
  • (x8)

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

You'll never know if it'll work until you try it. 

Other than using extracts, I don't know of any HOT sauces made without a chile of some kind.  If I remember your other post, the Thai's will leach some flavor into the oil, so there will be some chile flavor added to the bell sauce as well as the capsaicinoids that will have transferred from the chiles to the oil. 

What's the point of not adding regular ol' Thai chiles to the sauce?  It won't take much to give it some heat. 

PureEvilProducts
The Chile Addict's prayer-"Lord, grant me the wisdom to know it will be too hot, the courage to eat it anyway, and the serenity to accept the pain that follows. Amen"
PepperPeopleRock! 

#3 BurningStar

BurningStar

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm experimenting with different ideas and flavours. Once I try the extract I am going to use the left over Thai chili's in a sauce.

and it begins....

#4 Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts
  • aka:Hot Sauce Guy

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I made a "pepper less" hot sauce - it was basically a roasted garlic sauce. I ends up putting in like 10 grams of dried Tepin, but that was more to add little speckles of red to a white sauce.

Experiment away! That's 99% of the fun of making it. If you make something gross, you'll learn something. If you make something unique & great, even better!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pepper, canada, sauce, bell, vinegar, salt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests