• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Trippa's 2013-2014 ...its weird and wonderful ... for now..

Thanks guys...
Its the start of my personally most anticipated season here on THP. ... A refresh of sorts and a complete reboot in some areas mixed with a dash of the unknown has me looking forward with anticipation.
I will be keeping 3-4 overwinters on my currently unused for growing bedroom balcony however my main grow area will be a complete refresh with some unknown variaties to add some spice to the mix.

Not only will it be a refreshed grow list but a reboot and revision of my growing technique , with a decision to change quite a few things I was currently doing to ensure more production and healthier plants.
I will divulge my ideas on my grow setup later and get on to my current goings on

The current seasons discards going out to new homes or into the bin will be my Choc hab, naga morich, large red 7 pot/pod, cili goronong, TSMB, season 3 Bhut Jolokia Assam, Season 3 Mystery 7 pot/pod, 7pot primo, po cheong , birdseye htm, season 3 douglah, and prik luang. It will be tough to get rid of them especially my 3rd season plants and instead of binning some it may simply be a bonchi option to keep them going.
4 overwinters which will be going to the back balcony into new soil and fresh larger containers will be my 3rd season Bahamian Goat pepper, 3rd season NTR, 3rd Season Pimenta De neyde and 2nd season Wild Brazil (round orange phenotype)
Onto my new season starts which went into soak in organic chamomile tea for 16-18 hours this afternoon and are currently sitting in a warm spot inside a 1 week am/pm pill sorter (14 slots)
I decided to start 14 varieties knowing I will have to keep at least 3-4 of them in smaller containers if I decide to grow them
Without further ado here is the list of fresh start seeds with source in brackets i have tried to grow at least 1 variety from every person who has sent me seeds in trades in the past year, plus some Newly purchased types

Sorry this is taking a while ... I am the worlds slowest phone typist :D
Yellow 7 pot pod (Trippa pod originally from THSC)
7 pot Primo x Bhut jolokia yellow f2 (Junglerain)
Carolina Reaper-Hp22b (Colorado Ronin via King Denniz)
Butch T x Douglah f3 (gnslngr)
Sepia Serpant f4 (Doc n Rock via Stickman)
???? X ???? f1 (Trippa my own cross)
Jalapeño "cracked" (pepperlover)
Nebru (THSC)
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion f4 (wildfire chilli)
Cili Goronong (Junglerain)
Hot Fish Pepper ( Trippa originally from Junglerain)
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion (Gnslngr)
Red Brain Strain (King Denniz)
Orange Rocoto (Paul G pod original seeds from peppermania)
The last 4 I added on for insurance against bung germination, changes of mind and also for breeding options down the line.

Anyway that's it for my list of seeds ... Compared with many/most/all its very limited but think it should be quite an interesting mix for my upcoming season. No photos yet ... Chamomile tea is a fairly boring subject ;)

Anyway thanks for stopping by ...will update with more details in the coming days on a few more areas of my grow ....

EDIT: I also have just added the White Fatalii to this list so 15 varieties in all

Awesome, Trippa!  Great variety you have chosen.  So happy Rick sent you some seed for the Sepia Serpent!  Quite possibly the hottest friggen thing I've ever tasted!  Loads of placenta and puddles of oil inside the pods.  It should grow true for you.  Since it is an F4, I grew out five plants hoping for one to be true.  So far, they all seem to be true! 

The Jay's Peach seems to be winner, too!  Love the "Cracked" Jalapeno, Cili Goronong, and you can never go wrong with a Yellow 7!

Following.  ;)

DocNrock said:
Awesome, Trippa!  Great variety you have chosen.  So happy Rick sent you some seed for the Sepia Serpent!  Quite possibly the hottest friggen thing I've ever tasted!  Loads of placenta and puddles of oil inside the pods.  It should grow true for you.  Since it is an F4, I grew out five plants hoping for one to be true.  So far, they all seem to be true! 

The Jay's Peach seems to be winner, too!  Love the "Cracked" Jalapeno, Cili Goronong, and you can never go wrong with a Yellow 7!

Following.  ;)
Thanks Doc!!

Yeah the sepia serpant looks like a winner to me and I am looking forward to growing it out for sure.
Trust me narrowing my seed starts down this season was no easy feat and I ummed and ahh'd over it for quite some time. Even now I am having issues with what I included and what I left out.
Spicegeist said:
Looks good... but no love for the Bhuts here?
Thanks spicegeist ..,Well I have grown bhuts both chocolate and the 'Assam' varieties over the past 2 seasons and even though the Assam rates as one of my absolute favourites for flavour I thought I would like to change things up a little.
Not to mention I am growing a Primo x yellow bhut f2 which may very well turn out quite bhutish
And my 3rd year Assam may yet end up a bonchi
meatfreak said:
Goodluck with the new starts, Trippa!
Cheers meatfreak!!
Will see how they go I have put about 3-4 seeds of every variety into soak. So I should get at least 1-4 of every variety and I will then select the strongest plants to grow out.
GA Growhead said:
Awesome choices! A good selection there.
Thanks GA!! Yeah I am looking forward to some/all of these varieties with anticipation ... Hopefully I can get my grow medium and containers down and I should be good to grow.

After seeing Walkgoods great pod shots of the White Bhut Jolokia, I am thinking I may need a white variety in my grow this year.
Now my question is I have seeds for White Fatalii has anyone grown it before and if so how white was it and how did it taste??

DocNrock said:

Having a white variety is awesome.  I have a few white varieties growing, but White Fatalii must be incredibly rare.  Awesome choice!
Thanks Doc ... not sure of the background of this particular one ... I am hoping its quite white (like the white bhut) will be interested to see it grow out

I went a bit white crazy this season, but held off on the white bhuts after the previous years white bhut that were floating around that weren't white at harvest. Definitely want to add them next season after seeing everyones!
White fatalii sounds killer too! Will be watching to see how they do for you!

Back