• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Extreme Burger Throwdown

Best Extreme Burger?

• wheebz - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40271-begin-extreme-burger-throwdown/?p=848657&quo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SumOfMyBits - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40271-begin-extreme-burger-throwdown/?p=84877

• keybrdkid - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40271-begin-extreme-burger-throwdown/?p=849251"]

• Booma - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40271-begin-extreme-burger-throwdown/?p=849457&quot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Y'all KILLED it! Awesome burgers! I mean... EXTREME!

This is not a vote for the most extreme, this is a vote for the best extreme burger, and each member had their own interpretation of extreme.

Does extreme mean 8 patties, 16 slices of cheese, and 16 slices of bacon? [1]
Does extreme mean a mixed-superhot chili burger with pickled scorpions, deep fried habanero rings, and bhut ketchup? [2]
Does extreme mean a kobe beef and alligator sausage burger with quail eggs and caviar? [3]

Size... heat... ingredients, however you choose to make it extreme is up to you!

Extreme
adjective
  • Reaching a high or the highest degree.
  • Denoting or relating to a sport performed in a hazardous environment and involving great physical risk.
  • Not usual; exceptional. 

So vote!

Bad ass job everyone! Some serious extremism going on. Felt good to get my feet wet again...and it tasted good too...NOM NOM NOM

Wow! Everyone really killed it on this one. Ironically, it would have been difficult to decide until 'ol 3/5 showed up.
You made it kind of easy for me bruddah!

This says it all...
"Ingredients:

95% Lean Sirloin
Chorizo
Chircharron
Skirt Steak
Egg
Yukon Gold Potato
Garlic
Pink Heirloom Tomato
Cilantro
Red Onion
Red Jalapenos
Chocolate Scorpion
Mayo
Lime
Agave Nectar
Three Cheese Loaf
Butter
Homemade Chipotle Sauce"

Honorable mentions, Wheebz, beautiful DC style face fisting burger, Pepperdan damm bro, that sauce! Booma I really wish I could think like you, and Darth, what a great entry, simple but very worthy of a win. Grilled cheese sammys for buns? oh hael yeah.

I would eat everyone's burgers, and maybe even a couple. lol Y'all done awesome!

This was a blast! I hope we can keep the TD's on the simple side, this was a great turn out and a lot of fun.
Thanks again THP for doing this month after month.

Scovie gets mine.
Chorizo in the burger...
Avocado...
Mole' BBQ sauce (recipe yes please)...
Oh and don't forget about the
FUCKIN CHILE FUCKIN RELLENO ON TOP!!!!!

It was the class of a top to bottom AMAZING throwdown!!!!!!

Sum 2nd...soflo props bc 2nd doesnt really count :)

Thank you Scovie! I hold your opinion in the highest regard. Yours has win written all over it.
Man....it's dead in here. What happened? Last time I entered, there used to be an after throwdown thread and voting days were busy....hmmmm, I'm saddened.

You are right good sir, it is kind of dead.

As for me, it was a hot, very long day. Mondaze.

That's my excuse.

As for JayT, I think he is still at "My Buddy's Camp". :rofl:

Pretty bloody good turnout this TD.

Hopefully this gets everyone's a little more interested.

Great entries by all, was hard to narrow it down, scovie, wheebz, frys, sums, 3/5 actually everybody's were excellent burgers.

Cheers people

Darthpepper with the heart attack almost got my vote and it looks good i mean damn good but im not a fan of toast for a hamburger bun....but still well done and much better than i could ever do! :clap:

So many tasty burgers to choose from! I have a lot of top runners this time around!!!!!!!!

But in the end, I have to go with Darth. All my favorite burger toppings, all rolled up into glorious patties, and hugged by my all time favorite sammie...the illustrious Grilled Cheese! Dang thing's been haunting me ever since!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your fun entries! It was an awesome TD to watch! (and drool over!)  :D

I went with Darthpepper as well.

If you could only take one thing to a deserted island, I would take Darthpepper's burger :D

Nutrition for at least three weeks :party:

Had to go with Darth on this one.

I'm a sucker for any meatness stuck between two big ole'....

Griihhhlled scheeze sammich's.

Always a winner!

Thanks for the votes and compliments everyone. We are all winners because we got to eat the awesomeness we created....well I hope everyone thought theirs was awesome..lol

They all look great and some def more extreme then others. Really like the plain Jane and the cinco de Julio but had to give it to fry dad burger looked like it was cooked perfect. Put a well done burger in front of me and plate hits wall....;) great job everyone

Scovie, I want I eat your chili rellenos dipped in your BBQ.

Keybird, your flavors sound intriguing.

Joyners, Thai is always amazing.

Wheebz, you made me want Mac and Cheese on a burger....real bad.

Sum, that quesa"dilla" burger looks awesome!

DTS, that pineapple glazed ham looks so freaking good I want a whole plate of it and then seconds.

Booma, that sucker is so loaded with bacon.....and I really love bacon....

Buddy, stuffed doesn't even start to describe the magnitude of this burger bro.

PD, simple burger but it sounds like it packs extreme flavor.

FD, holy crap! Your burger looks timid but after reading your entry....have mercy!

DP....dammit! Now I want a grilled cheese burger tower! (This is actually a burger at our local burger joint except there's only one party between two GC's)

Looking like you're gonna take the crown down Mr. Scovie. Worthy entry for sure and the voyeuristic face stuffing is epic...haha!

Im a little upset, this site wont let me vote. it says I need to be an active member. I have an account and membership, Im a little confused as to why I cant vote!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back