• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chip Dip

This is about the only recipe I can offer but I absolutely love it. I would suppose any kind of pepper can be used. I have only used jalapenos from a jar(yah I know). I am new to the super hot game so please cut me some slack if this recipe has been mentioned already. It's a chip dip so I thought it would fit in as an appetizer. 

Here it goes:
1 lb lean beef
1/2 a block of Velveeta Mexican cheese
1 small can cream of mushroom
All the peppers you can handle

Brown meat, throw in cheese to melt, pour in cream of mushroom and add peppers.

Pretty quick and very good.

Dip sounds good and im a big fan of pickled anything got a picture of this recipe in action?

Anyways welcome to the site and thanks for the recipe. :D

Sorry. No pics. I only have this tablet and I tablet ignorant. One day I will get my camera out and get on the wife's computer and post some pics.

Thanks for the replies.

Is it wrong that I kinda want to try that over a bowl of pasta?!?! hahahaha

Neat twist for a classic velveeta dip - gonna try that one out!

Thanks for sharing it Tinben!!! And definitely posty up some pics when you get your hands on your camera! We looooooove pics! :D

I know the jalapenos are killer. I always used pickled slices. But I will make it next time with fresh ones. Maybe cubed in small pieces. I wish I could tell you a super hot but I am patiently waiting on a mixed box order.

If it was me making the recipe as he has it (those specific amounts of beef, cheese and soup)

I would add one whole TScorp with seeds and all, or three red savinas, seeds and all.

put them in after the meat has browned, just before you add the cheese and soup.

Fat kills heat, so more is better, but dont kill yourself, lol

I've been experimenting with T-scorps this past year, and for me, its flavor holds up great with the 'heavier' foods. I think it'd taste awesome with this dip! There's enough fat to 'tame' the heat (that's relative, of course!), but also tons of flavor to not get drowned by the other ingredients. That's how I'm gonna make it, for the first try, anyway! Personally, I'd guess pickled 'penos are a pure win - small risk, and loads of pleasure!

PD - let us know what you end up doing, and how you liked it! :)

If you don't post pics, there will be THP ninjas at your house.

I am sure you remember what it said when you signed up here at THP about posting pics...

(Section 15, Paragraph 7, Lines 6,7 & 8.)

:rofl:

Or if ya wanna get really fancy-schmancy, in a wonton, Rangoon-style!

Dang, now all I need is a potluck to go to!

Tinben...look at what you've gone and done now! If there's a sudden shortage of Velveeta - I'm soooo blaming you!!!!!    :lol:

Where the hael is this dip/facial??? I wanna see pics before I commit a whole half of a block of Velveeta to this smack-n-scarf stuff.

Pictures!

(you know I'm gonna do it anyway)

Chile Juju said:
Or if ya wanna get really fancy-schmancy, in a wonton, Rangoon-style!

Dang, now all I need is a potluck to go to!

Tinben...look at what you've gone and done now! If there's a sudden shortage of Velveeta - I'm soooo blaming you!!!!!    :lol:
I love the wonton. I bet that would be the stuff. This thread has got me thinking of other uses instead of just chip dip also.

Back