• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

A Tale of Two Nagas - comparison review

Here`s another review. This one is a comparison between 2 different Nagas. One is thought to be true to type, one maybe not. 

After eating these I had some issues with stomach cramps, but I did eat 5 Tepin x lemon drop, 1 Moruga red, 2 not white Bhuts, a yellow 7 pot and these 2 Nagas in about 90 minutes. Ah well, live and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrB8D8K5RAE

so..... did you feel that cloud of diesel fumes around your head every time you exhaled? lol. Nagas are ROUGH!

Yeah, Nagas do a real number on me. More pain than anything, as I don`t find them all that hot. Really bloody painful, though. 

Brother Nigel, You are such a great reviewer! You always seem to give a very accurate description of what's going on during the review, much better than I can!
Exceptional reviews my friend! Looking forward to more :fireball: :fireball:

Nagas are one of my favorites with heat and taste - I love them in powder form to put on virtually EVERYTHING I eat. 

Nagas taste great to me. Brilliant in Salsa. I make a sauce for Tamales out of Nagas, onion, garlic and yellow tomatoes that is awesome, IMHO.
PepperDaddler said:
So do the Nagas not have a very good flavor? I have some but have not tried them yet.

PepperDaddler said:
So do the Nagas not have a very good flavor? I have some but have not tried them yet.
I love the flavor and heat! These have to be one of my favorites!

And to Nigel! All that in 20 minutes? Your nuts dude! Tell ya what dude... I got some 16,000,000 shu extract and I'll send you some if you want to try for a crazy buzz. I took a drop and it floored me! It is so hot i was drueling egg white textured saliva. But in the end i did get that cap buzz on! I'll send ya some if your feeling ballsy.

smileyguy697 said:
I love the flavor and heat! These have to be one of my favorites!

And to Nigel! All that in 20 minutes? Your nuts dude! Tell ya what dude... I got some 16,000,000 shu extract and I'll send you some if you want to try for a crazy buzz. I took a drop and it floored me! It is so hot i was drueling egg white textured saliva. But in the end i did get that cap buzz on! I'll send ya some if your feeling ballsy.
I`m not ballsy, just dumb and stupid. You should know that by now      ;)

I`ll eat anything regarded as food twice.............just to be sure. The thing I hate by far the most? Balut and then eggs of all denominations. 
I could not get the Balut down. Just couldn`t do it.

I`ve had everything on this list. The only one I couldn`t eat was the Balut. The Lutefisk was really, really nasty, too.

http://www.cracked.com/article_14979_the-6-most-terrifying-foods-in-world.html

BTW, I think Andrew Zimmern has the best job in the world by far, lucky bast**d

Nigel said:

I`ll eat anything regarded as food twice.............just to be sure. The thing I hate by far the most? Balut and then eggs of all denominations. 

I`ve had everything on this list. The only one I couldn`t eat was the Balut. The Lutefisk was really, really nasty, too.

Thats nasty as Haeell !  Your a brave man.   Years ago my father would eat White Fish soup with eyesballs in it, not sure what its called.    Not me

Nigel said:

I worked with a girl from the Philippines and she ate that. Ugh... I wouldn't try it. Lol..

Nigel said:
I did eat 5 Tepin x lemon drop, 1 Moruga red, 2 not white Bhuts, a yellow 7 pot and these 2 Nagas in about 90 minutes. 

If I would manage to survive this, all the rest of the day I would dread what was coming tomorrow morning!

What do you guys mean when you say something like not white Bhut?  Does it appear to be a White Bhut but not off a pure plant so maybe it's actually a cross?

I got the peppers from Jamie (Romy6) and he has a nice way of naming things. It goes like this - you buy or trade for some seeds for a White Bhut, germinate, grow and the pods end up being totally NOT White Bhuts, so they become known as Not White Bhuts.

Here`s a photo of Jamie`s Not White Bhuts. I can also tell you that they don`t taste of Bhuts AT ALL, but are the sweetest chili I`ve ever eaten with a dilute Hababero/Scorpion flavor. Probably 75,000-100,000 SHU, also.

smileyguy697 said:
I worked with a girl from the Phililino and she ate that. Ugh... I wouldn't try it. Lol..
I really loathe eggs anyway, but Balut is just way beyond my capabilities. 

Back