• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

007 from Butch Taylor

Hi all. 

Anyone out there growing the 007? It`s the 7-pot jonah that is claimed to be double-podded, hence double-oh-7. I was given a plant yesterday that is F2 and don`t know much about the variety. Anyone got pods? Is it a stable mutation?

I have some small pods on mine
Who told you that reason for the name, Butch has a different take on the naming.

the real name is 007 pu@@y galore......he calls it this because the pod has an inverted stinger resembling a pu@@y.....all the plants on my pod have inverted stingers, true to form.
like this....
IMG_20130721_164048_861_zps26da4154.jpg

armac said:
the real name is 007 pu@@y galore......he calls it this because the pod has an inverted stinger resembling a pu@@y.....all the plants on my pod have inverted stingers, true to form.
like this....
IMG_20130721_164048_861_zps26da4154.jpg
The person who gave me the plant said that was the naming reason. I like yours (and Butch`s) much much better!

armac said:
I got my info directly from Mr. Taylor.
Then you know the real reason. Thanks. The pods look very interesting, too. Any idea how the flavour is or hot they are?

not yet, got the ice screams podding too. have not planted the butch X yet.

butchs crosses are by far and away better than any of the premium priced pods/seeds out there, hands down

The guy who gave me the 007 has a single Ice Scream (no pods yet), but he says I can have a Butch X if I want one. I think I do want one after your kind words about Butch Taylor. 

yep i second the "007" pussy galore thing...

told me it's just a 7 pot but with a more female anatomy look that want to isolate that trait

I know this thread is really old, but I was wondering if anybody is growing this or has grown it in the past. Obviously some have, but I'd like to know a little more about it. I'm asking because I was going through my seeds and found out that I have a few of these. I'm already working on next years' list. :)

-Adam

Bhuter said:
I know this thread is really old, but I was wondering if anybody is growing this or has grown it in the past. Obviously some have, but I'd like to know a little more about it. I'm asking because I was going through my seeds and found out that I have a few of these. I'm already working on next years' list. :)

-Adam
I grew them last year.  They taste pretty good, but the weird shape makes them hard to work with, if you are deseeding for any reason.  I saw about the talk of double pods.  I found that accurate, almost every one of them had a second pod inside.  I don't know that I would grow them again, as the most appealing thing was the unique shape.  I felt like they were about habanero heat, not superhot at all.

jcw10tc said:
I grew them last year.  They taste pretty good, but the weird shape makes them hard to work with, if you are deseeding for any reason.  I saw about the talk of double pods.  I found that accurate, almost every one of them had a second pod inside.  I don't know that I would grow them again, as the most appealing thing was the unique shape.  I felt like they were about habanero heat, not superhot at all.
Thank you very much! Super-informative! You told me everything that I wanted to know. :) Thats interesting about the double pods. I was wondering which story was true. I might try it as a novelty. Thanks again!

-Adam

Back