trade Anyone have donni sali seeds to trade?

I also have donne sali, the frutescens type, I can't ever seem to get a 100% straight answer about which is which. But I have the small upright growing pods. Let me know if you need them.

Wow, that was fast! Good to know the guam boonie is different. So is there more than 1 doni sali? I was only aware of one that was a frutscens. This could get interesting. Thanks for the offer wayright. Will send you a pm.

Kevin probably knows more than I do about it, but from what I understand their are two peppers that people refer to as boonie peppers, the frutscens and also a annuum that looks similar to a cayenne. Or is it that one is donne sali and the other is boonie pepper? Very confusing to me.

Hafa adai! The donni sali, is sometimes referred to by us Chammoru (native born islanders) as the boonie pepper. It IS NOT in reference to a separate type of pepper. The word "boonie" is simply slang for JUNGLE. For example, my nephew adopted a dog a few years ago and when I asked him what breed - he responded, he was just a "boonie" dog. It is simply slang for a stray dog found living feral in the natural habitat on island (the jungle or "boonies"). The donni sali that I use today to make my finideni is the same one that my family grew and ate in their keleguen in the early 1900's. This pepper is a STANDARD INGREDIENT in our traditional dishes. If people are crossing up stuff or importing new peppers to the island that is different and recent. Ask an elder on the island "which" donni sali to use in your keleguen and they will stare at you with a CONFUSED look.,. and then, they will probably say something like... oh okay, okay boy, just make sure fan that you don't take any from your uncle in Yigo because he counts them.

Thanks to wayright i found some seeds. Would like to thank everyone else for chiming in. Thanks to ghostpepperstore, armac, and thank you sanchez for the knowledge you shared. Cant wait to try a pod or so in a pot of chile or stew.

Back