wanted WANTED: SMFRB of Mixed SWEETS!

I'm trying to figure out which peppers I want to plant next year for my SWEETS.....so, I wanted to taste a few and see what I like the most.  The local farmers market only has banana peppers around me!

I HAVE PLENTY OF BANANA PEPPERS!.....DO NOT WANT ANY OF THEM!

I am up for trying anything that is sweet to the taste and good for fresh eating with meals......let me know what you have and a price too!

Thanks!

I`ve been trying a lot of so-called "sweet" or "seasoning" peppers this year (all C.chinense) and so far I have not found one that wasn`t pretty damn hot. A really good pepper for flavour and sweetness is the Bishop`s Crown, but it`s still about Cayenne hot. Aji lemon are great, too, but Cayenne or slightly more in heat. Sweetest pepper I`ve had this year was a "Not White Bhut" from Romy6, but that one was probably 5x Cayenne heat. Trinidad Scorpion Sweet are also very sweet, but not far short of Habanero hot.

For sweetness and mild heat, I like good `ole red jalapeños. They have to be ripened on the plant, though. 

How much heat you looking for? 

This year I am growing Orange Bell (from Baker Creek Seeds) and Corno de Toro, neither of which I have tasted yet but are supposed to be very sweet.

Others I would like to try for their reputation as very sweet peppers would include: Bull's Heart (pepperlover), Jimmy Nardello, Quadrato Asti Giallo, Marconi, Tollis Sweet and Chervena Chuska.  Once again I've not had the opportunity to taste any of these but will try them on faith in the future.

Reading about some of these may persuade you to take the leap.

the only true sweet i have growing this year is the Aji Kaleidoscope (very tasty Aji flavor) but not enough to fill a sfrb. i would recommend the Trinidad perfume. i grew them last year and they have a great Chinense flavor with zero heat. i have seeds i could share but i did not grow any this year. 

I'm growing Padron this year for the first time (tasted in Spain tapas)... easy to grow & tasty.
Use them when they are green but when it's ripen red, there is a very slight heat.

Durham Bull said:
I'm growing Padron this year for the first time (tasted in Spain tapas)... easy to grow & tasty.
Use them when they are green but when it's ripen red, there is a very slight heat.
I`ve eaten these as Tapas Spain many times and every once in a while you`ll get one that sears your tongue. It`s part of the Russian roulette appeal of the dish. 

Back