Chili Grower From Icy Sweden

Hi!

I have just discovered The Hot Pepper and im really impressed of everything i have seen this far. One of my first thoughts was that everyone seem a bit obsessed with the nuclear chilis :hell:

I am a 29 year old chilihead from Sweden. I have been growing chili for a couple of years. Since the season is so short i grow under bulbs from mid february and then plant out in the beginning of june. This year i have built a new growbox out of junk and made it work out just fine. All material (except bulbs and electrics) cost me $15!!! How about that? :P

To see how my chilis are doing today, you can watch my latest video @ Youtube:

I have 14 different chilis this year:

Aji Rojo
Aji Yellow
Long Slim Cayenne
Apache
Rocoto Red
Turkish Upright
Orange Habanero
Jalapeno
The Bangkok Upright
Purple Tiger
Tepin Hot
Chili Cheese
Peruwian Purple
Tabasco

Nothing spectacular, but what do you expect from a guy from the north pole? :oops:

Im sure ill like it here and if anyone feels like following my Chiliblog, do so. But i must warn you, its written in swedish! :)

http://roddelona.blogspot.com/

!!! The picture of the growroom is when its unfinished! By now there are no gaps for light to escape and a white floor is inserted !!!

Welcome to THP from Alaska. I think we have about the same growing climate, late May thru mid September. That's outside of course.

You have some great looking plants there! This is my first season for growing peppers so it will be trial and error mostly for me but with all the help from the fine folks here on THP, it would be pretty hard not to have a successful season.

Enjoyed your video and must admit . . . I'm jealous!

Butch

Thanx alot!

Im sure you will do fine with your chilis even though its your first year.

Are you growing under bulbs right now? Hmz,, i thought alaska was further up north than sweden?! :)

Hello uUu and welcome from South Carolina. Really enjoyed your video of your garden as well, nice job. Hope you find what you are looking for here at THP.:hell:

Im sure ill find what im looking for here!

Your plants are looking great and the claws of that lobster was insane! Give it to me!!!! :)

Greetings from Detroit !!!
A couple of my favorite music acts are from Sweden. Kaipa, and Andreas Vollenweider !
Welcome to THP :onfire:

uUu said:
i thought alaska was further up north than sweden?! :)

Anchorage is at the 61st. parallel and depending on where you are at in Sweden, it looks like your somewhere between the 58th and 62nd, parallel so I would guess out climates are pretty similar. Downright cccccccold still this time of year!

AL C. said:
Greetings from Detroit !!!
A couple of my favorite music acts are from Sweden. Kaipa, and Andreas Vollenweider !
Welcome to THP :onfire:

Thanx, but vollenweider isnt from Sweden, he is from Switzerland :) It sounds similar but there is a geographic difference of 2,000 km and a completely different language.

Back