• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense jays ghost scorpion

Im thinking about growing some of the reds and peach. Before i do was wondering whos growing them. Hows the flavor? Also wondering if its fairly stable and grows true. Thanks for any help, Travis.

I`m growing multiple plants of both. I have not heard about any stability issues with these, but I do not know for sure. I`m really looking forward to trying them.

Growing both this year too reds are podding but the peach was stunted by other light hungry peppers so may no get any but the red has a few pods on it and LOADS of flowers!! I have never seen so many on a plant!

Growing peach and red. The plants are vigorous but later setting flowers than most of my other chinense. The plants are dripping with pods now though. It is about as stable as any other one of these crossed chinense. I saw some that looked like a bhut jolokia with shoulders, which I thought was cool and was the reason I tried them. Very few of mine look like that though. Most look like a nasty jolokia with a pointy tail or curled tail.

DSCN6106.jpg

I have a few of the peach plants. Every pod on every plant look exactly like they were supposed to look like. Haven't tasted any yet, the first one is turning peach right now. Cool looking peppers. If they are as hot as I hear, I'm going to love them and suggest growing them. Tom

I have one red Ghost Scorp plant this year. It has been setting pods since a few weeks and some of the pods really look scary. Doas anybody have pictures of ripening red pods? Because i think there has been some mistake and mine might be a peach one. The color of the first ripening pod hasn't changed since over a week and it is looking more like peach than red :D

I got to try one of these thanks to NattyPepper.  Such a pretty pepper - loved the smell and taste(before it slapped me in the face).  I only ate several small bites, then dried the rest.  Once I got past the intense heat I really liked the burn coming down.

I'd like to grow this.  I was only able to save a half dozen seeds but hopefully I'll have a plant next season.

Thanks again Natty.

Back