• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7-pot savannah leaves me on a high

7-pot savannah, a strain that is an accidental cross between a Yellow 7-pot and a Naga or a Scorpion of some sort. Developed by Ed Kohlers in Savannah (Nagacanario). Not sure of the generation, but I`m guessing at F4 or F5. 

Thanks again go to Brian at www.Ghostpepperstore.com

I wasn`t quite prepared to get my brain blasted like this, but wow, was this a hot and painful one. The effects were quite similar to the Madballz 7, but greater in intensity and with a better flavour. It was also pretty hard on my stomach. Although I didn`t get cramps, i did feel like i`d been punched in the stomach for a few hours. Huge endorphin rush with this pepper and about 15 minutes after eating it I had a very big high that lasted an hour or so. The first half an hour I literally just sat and stared at the ceiling. 

Incredible pepper with insane effects. This one should be on a lot of grow lists for 2014!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=difMRvtBYwg

Sounds like WIN to me! Those are the kind of effect that I'm talkin' about!...lol

I hate the cramps......they are the reason I question ever eating supers again...

Another great review Nigel. Good thing you started off with the Burgundy. "Pain" is about the only word I have been able to use when talking about the Savannah. My suspicion is that it is crossed with a naga of some sort, maybe India Carbon? My pods start off as a VERY pale green before turning that deep red color. That one in particular probably wasn't the best representation of typical pod shape that I am seeing. Most are a little longer, naga shaped and bumpy as anything.

Wow. Intense!

I recently read through the old thread on these from last year.  They seem interesting.  Does anyone have seeds or pods available for trade?

j

jblo said:
Wow. Intense!

I recently read through the old thread on these from last year.  They seem interesting.  Does anyone have seeds or pods available for trade?

j

I have pods, but they are open pollinated. I will have some isolated seed to share with everyone in a couple of months.

MisterBigglesworth said:
Hints of licorice and tobacco?

Have you been reviewing red wines as well?    ;)
It`s something Pepperproblem was teaching me. He used to be a winemaker and approached tasting powders, especially, the same way as wines. As with wines, the more you taste, the more tastes you find. I haven`t found a pepper that tastes of damp sheep`s wool and sandalwood yet, though!

Well, either that or it`s all pretentious bullshit on my part  ;)
GnomeGrown said:
What is the "standard 7 pot type smell"?
Would you elaborate on that?

Great review, Mr. Carter

:clap:
It`s a very good question. To me 7-pots just have a distinctive smell and flavour, but it is not easy to put it into words. It`s a bit like taking a vanilla pod and trying to describe the smell. It smells sweet and errr, of vanilla. I`m trying to work on my descriptive skills, but I find it very difficult. 

I realise that`s not answering the question, but it`s all I`ve got at the moment. 
theghostpepperstore said:
Another great review Nigel. Good thing you started off with the Burgundy. "Pain" is about the only word I have been able to use when talking about the Savannah. My suspicion is that it is crossed with a naga of some sort, maybe India Carbon? My pods start off as a VERY pale green before turning that deep red color. That one in particular probably wasn't the best representation of typical pod shape that I am seeing. Most are a little longer, naga shaped and bumpy as anything.
I suspect you are right on the Naga/Indian carbon call, Brian. As I mentioned, I found the effects very, very similar to Madballz 7, which is a Yellow 7-pot crossed with a chocolate Bhut. 

I just tried one from Ed's stock, grown by Steven and it destroyed me. Funny, cuz yesterday I tried the BMS, but this was definitely hotter. More physical paralysis, panic, and a full hour for the lip burn to subside.

MGOLD86 said:
I just tried one from Ed's stock, grown by Steven and it destroyed me. Funny, cuz yesterday I tried the BMS, but this was definitely hotter. More physical paralysis, panic, and a full hour for the lip burn to subside.
Holy crap, hotter than the BMS??? You have to get your hands on the brown version of the Douglah x Butch T cross SilverSurfer made. I had the F4 brown version and it is the hottest thing I`ve ever eaten. More painful than anything else, with a huge endorphin high that lasted about 2 hours. I have a red one and a brown one from Brian at Ghostpepperstore and I`m a bit apprehensive, so say the least. The hugely hot one came from Smileyguy697. Quite different pods than the Sepia Serpent. 

Very good review as per the norm from you. Like I said on your last review that your a MACHINE. I promise I will never try this one.  ;)    I thinks I will stay with my choc habs until I step up to a Bhut.

I re-up this topic cause i'm looking for Savannah 7 Pod (round pheno) seeds, the original one and, possibly, isolated.
I've already contacted Ed (nagacanario) but he did not answered, i think he's a lot busy cause he moved to Colorado.

Roberto

Back