New to Growing peppers

Hello everyone Iam new to gardening, South NJ zone 6-b.  I have 5 Thai Chili plants which are quite productive and a ghost pepper plant.  My question is how do i know if im truly growing a ghost pepper plant, or just a random clone pepper plant, and also when is the best time to harvest ghlost peppers when there still green or should i let them start to turn.

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina of North Carolina! 

Wait for the pods to get full ripe for the best flavor and fire. :hell: 

:welcome:

From southeast Louisiana!

As SanPatricio said, wait for them to ripen before picking. Good luck growing!

Oh... and most peppers are crossed with something, somewhere. All you can do is hope your seed supplier kept the plants isolated and wait and see. Best of luck!

Hello and welcome from Land O Lakes, FL!

Id suggest waiting until they ripen to the mature color. In some cases i.e. bell,japaleno, etc...u can harvest and enjoy green.....but IMO the nukes like ghost and above u should wait til ripe :)

Just my Dos Pesos! :) Have fun growing!! :)

Dale Jr

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Welcome to THP.                                                                      From St. Aug.

slingblade_1292818412.jpg

Welcome!
I let my supers ripen till they just start to wrinkle if I want to use them right away in something, just a bit green on a part of the pepper for shipping out, fully colored and firm for processing.

Thai's are a good choice----they want to live about anywhere/ any condition.

Back