• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Chronicles of Bear

I had heard stories... but I found it hard to tell what was fact and what was merely a myth.  I was warned before my trip, of the dangers I may encounter. I consulted JayT for help with my research, and Scovie for advice on emergency situations.   CJ wished me luck, she said she'd gone down this road before...

Nature photography isn't the easiest area of the art to succeed in.  It requires time and patience... It took me days, and just as I was about to pack up my gear and head home... I saw him. That guy.   Bear. 

02_zps8488fb5e.jpg

I stayed silent and hid in the brush....

01_zpseeed1b1c.jpg

Bear didn't see me...or so I thought.
I captured a different side of Bear that day...

06_zps56f115f9.jpg

But then.... 
Bear captured me. 

535829_498387830245283_1891871070_n.jpg

True Story.

Wow. Bear caught it in his natural habitat. Never seen before. More rare than footage of a Mother Jaguar feeding her cubs Sea Turtles in Costa Rica. We have all heard about sightings down around the canoe launch, but never has anyone seen any proof other than empty Busch Light cans and a few stray Pizza flavored Combos. Good Job Rawk! The National Geographic and MAD magazines would be lucky to hire you.

I caught Bear passed out in my tub again today.

Pizza flavored Combo crumbs still stuck to his whiskers.

That guy...

True Story

So.   I didn't want to brag, but I kinda saved Sum's life.  While I was out ninja stalking Bear, Sum was acting as bait.   There was a turn of events and Bear tried to eat Sum's face.  That guy. Thanks to all my JayTing through other threads here, I reacted quickly by taking out the emergency pizza flavored combos.  I tossed them as far as I could away from Sum and yelled "LOOK!!!! DIVERSION!!!!!"  Bear couldn't resist the combos and went for them, I pulled Sum to safety.  

1186208_10100958490269939_384464797_n.jpg

True Story.

OMG. Close one. Good job Rawk. You knew exactly what to do.
I hope Bear doesn't get tired of the Pizza Flavored Combos!
Does anyone know of a back up snack in case that happens?

Has Bear ever had Funyuns? I bet you could throw those pretty far too.

Combos have a bit more weight to them, you can just chuck 'em and get them to travel a good distance.... I'd think Funyuns would need to be tossed like a frisbee to achieve maximum distance potential.  Slower... allowing more time for Bear to eat faces.  I'll stick with combos for now. 

Simple solution. Make a breading out of ground up Funyuns. Coat pizza flavored combos and deep fry. Maximum throwing distance and the attraction of two beloved snacks on one. It's sure fire.

Back