vendor Penny's Tomatoes

So this was my second time dealing with penny’s tomatoes but the first time for peppers. Last year I ordered Great White tomatoes and a few other varieties 2 of them produced little dark berry shaped things that honestly looked like wild weeds. I attempted to place my order by phone on Saturday Morning I called several times and kept getting the answering machine (Long distance) I get an email Sunday morning explaining she had guests and she said she would call I called and managed to speak to her she seemed nice and my order was placed. The peppers arrived today with a sticker that says bakers peppers $25 and after looking at it I can’t really tell if they really are reapers (I have not opened it yet I will update this soon.

https://www.pennystomatoes.com/shoppingcart/html/combo.htm

2nla1ht.jpg

21e72aa.jpg

2u5vsr8.jpg

They look like the seeds have been removed and smell evil even though I can't tell what the original pod shape was.

t9z7ya.jpg

These were very hot I had a few small bits with my pizza (also with "hot" banana peppers) and the heat is comparable with "the hottest sauce in the universe" hot sauce I think that was 7+ million shu. I had very little of that hot sauce and very little of these peppers both had almost instant mouth burn lasted long and bothered my stomach the same way.

tylerdodd25_92 said:
I wouldn't order from pennys or pepperjoe ordered reapers and got some kind of habanero s**t, They are scammers along with Ed Curie of puckerbutt his business partner.

Very bold statement.  It is hardly constructive criticism or even a review but I will let it stand just so I can tell you that if you took up your issue with Joe or Penny or hell even Ed Currie himself that one of those three would make it right.  Of course you would have to show proof of all seeds not showing what you were promised when you bought.  You do not get to the level that those three are in the game if you are nothing but scam artists.  

TylerInNiagara said:
What are you on about? I did order from Penny's and received something labeled "bakers peppers".....

Like Scovie said, wasn't directed at you.

I deleted about a dozen comments already from this thread, lets keep it about Penny and NO one else.  

My first pod had a disappointing pod shape i purchased 2 packs from Joe but I never asked for a replacement I'm not as worried about pod shape. with these dried reapers I ordered a third pack of seeds while I wait to see what pod shapes I end up with and I received 1 free pack of tomato seeds 1 habanero pack and 1 jalapeno pack. I did show Ed my disappointing pod he said he would send me something it hasn't arrived yet (if he remembered). 

TylerDodd,
Send me your order # and I'll fix any issue. pepperjoe@sc.rr.com
Strange...you are doing a grow for us currently....and I've NEVER heard from you about any complaint??
You certainly know how to reach me. Where are the requested pictures of your Grow??

Penny doesn't have an account here so I'll answer ...I'm also part owner in Penny's Tomatoes.
Penny's Tomatoes is accredited with Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce.
Penny's Tomato seeds were tested by 100's of test growers by Gardening-How-To Magazine. She received an amazing 100% satisfaction rating which is posted at StuffStuff's website.
Pepper Joe's received a 96% approval.
Amanda McCuen from GHT tells us these types of ratings are unheard of.
Penny's Tomatoes has won 3 consecutive years awards for outstanding Customer Service from Constant Contact for servicing her Newsletter subscribers (24,000 opt in).
At Dave's Garden they have 7,642 Gardening Companies in their Data Base.
Penny's Tomatoes is rated IN THE TOP 30 COMPANIES out of that 7,642.
Penny's Tomatoes Facebook page has 64,000 opt in subscribers (that can opt out at any time). That makes them the largest Tomato Gardening community in the world.
Look, I could go on and on....but it will sound like an infomercial.
We're just real proud of our accomplishments.
Check it out yourself at http://www.pennystomatoes.com/
TylerInNiagra....THANKS for being a customer.
The reason my Smoked Reaper Pods have Bakers Peppers label...Dale thought he couldn't legally sell them previously. I did him a favor by buying them....only 100 packs... so he didn't have to 'eat' the loss. Dale and Ed have spoken since then ...and worked everything out. Penny was to put a Pepper Joe label over Bakers label and must have missed one.
Ed Currie is a big boy and can speak for himself....but he's a guy of honor and integrity... and I have his back 100%. What Ed will roll out to the Chilehead community in the next few years will blow everyone away.

Well I'm impressed with these dried peppers they are the hottest pods I have ever tried. I'm starting to see the same disappointing pod shape on my largest HP22B plant in a large pot of compost I'm not sure if they were both from my first or second HP22B pack from Pepperjoe (I now have 1 new unopened pack from my last order)

2lv0luh.jpg

They seem like great people and even after everything TylerDodd said Joe offered to make it right ^^^^^ I understand that sometimes seeds get mixed up or you get a few slightly different pod shapes and my growing conditions/weather/tempratures are not as optimal as Joe, Ed or Dale. I share whatever results I get good or bad but I have been a customer of Pepperjoe for 3 years now and just yesterday I told someone how to get a free pepperjoe catalog.

Dale those peppers were awesome thank you :D

Very bold statement.  It is hardly constructive criticism or even a review but I will let it stand just so I can tell you that if you took up your issue with Joe or Penny or hell even Ed Currie himself that one of those three would make it right.  Of course you would have to show proof of all seeds not showing what you were promised when you bought.  You do not get to the level that those three are in the game if you are nothing but scam artists.  

Like Scovie said, wasn't directed at you.

I deleted about a dozen comments already from this thread, lets keep it about Penny and NO one else.
Mill, THANKS for being an objective Mod.
In this case you happened to call the shot 100% right.

TylerDodd never purchased anything from Penny's Tomatoes.
And I just documented that he has NEVER purchased Reaper seeds from Pepper Joe's.
He admits this in a PM.
He just plain lied.  :liar
Tyler....I have to call you out on this.
You mentioned "Scammers"....I PM'd you twice....and emailed you twice.
You are currently doing a grow out for Penny's Tomatoes. Two tomato varieties.
You are also supposed to be growing one pepper for Pepper Joe's.
What is the current status of that grow out?  I've asked you repeatedly and you're ducking me.
You need to send those pics I keep asking you for and prove that you are doing an honest grow out...and not "Scamming" us and ripping us off.
:shame: 
I have all of your emails and I can post them here if you'd like.
But you have failed to send pics of your grow outs as I've requested repeatedly.
I was hesitant to give you a grow because of your lack of gardening experience....but you were so persistent I thought I'd cut you a break. Big mistake.
Tyler, I hope you didn't "Pose" as a grower to "Scam" us out of some free seeds.
LOL.
:surprised: 
(I've done a new "Contract Grow Contract" for 2014 to prevent this from happening)
Say it ain't so Tyler....say it ain't so....
Tyler say that you're not a Thief AND a SCAMMER....say it ain't so Tyler Dodd.
:)

Back