• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Total Noob Question

Please forgive the basic nature of the question...

We had a pretty windy day here this week and I found two peppers laying underneath my plants when I got home from work. Do peppers fall off the plant when ripe (these are green bhuts, still) or is it more likely that the high wind is the culprit?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

If the plant seems otherwise healthy, it could be the wind I guess..... I've had a summer rainstorm get windy enough to snap a mature naga plant in half.

and most peppers won't drop when ripe.... they'll usually start to shrivel and dry right on the plant, then they drop.

We had some very strong straight-line winds here about 6 weeks ago. Even with my garden being protected on all sides by wind barriers, it still knocked a few of my pepper plants down.
I resituated them and then staked them up, and all but one completely recovered.
Next season I'm going to put some of those dinky little tomato cages that they sell at Home Cheapo around the taller plants to better protect them.

Back