• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's Holiday Reserve 2005 - Overordered

Blair got 648 orders (including mine) for his new 12.8+ million Holiday Reserve 2005. The problem is that production is limited to 99 bottles. Everyone's wanting to know if their order was one of the first 99. I placed mine last night at 10pm (Sunday, December 4th).

Have any of you ordered a bottle, and if so, have you gotten confirmation that you're one of the first 99?

Ryan Bell said:
Blair got 648 orders (including mine) for his new 12.8+ million Holiday Reserve 2005. The problem is that production is limited to 99 bottles. Everyone's wanting to know if their order was one of the first 99. I placed mine last night at 10pm (Sunday, December 4th).

Have any of you ordered a bottle, and if so, have you gotten confirmation that you're one of the first 99?

Sounds like what Blair needs for Xmas this year is some good inventory management software. I guess I'm one of the many who's hoping to be one of the lucky 99. I ordered mine within an hour of it going online (I think), so maybe I'll be able to get one. No confirmation yet, however.

LinNJoe said:
Sounds like what Blair needs for Xmas this year is some good inventory management software. I guess I'm one of the many who's hoping to be one of the lucky 99. I ordered mine within an hour of it going online (I think), so maybe I'll be able to get one. No confirmation yet, however.

What time did you order yours?

Ryan Bell said:
What time did you order yours?

The email confirmation I received was time-stamped for 22:25 on Friday night. So it looks like I clicked my mouse nearly a half-hour after you did. Keep in mind, that doesn't mean that my order was fully confirmed...but merely logged into the system. With the ordering SNAFU for this reserve, perhaps Blair will generate some additional emails to those who ordered so they know who for sure is getting one of those in the mail.

- Joe

$800 for a bottle of Blair's???

Not only do they have more money to burn than I do... I'm thinking they all drink way more tequila than I do!

T

Tina Brooks said:
$800 for a bottle of Blair's???

Not only do they have more money to burn than I do... I'm thinking they all drink way more tequila than I do!

T

It's only because it's the last number in the run.

#1 already sold yesterday for $1000.

The regular bottles sold for $99.

I'm just hoping the rumor that he is selling to his most frequent customers first isn't true. It would be kind of a buzzkill to many people who will think in the future they won't have a shot to get any limited edition anything just because they haven't purchased everything he's ever put out. A completely open lottery is by far the best way to get these things, not a closed door Christie's auction. If that was the case, they should have sent out a private e-mail to all the diehard buyers, and THEN offer the remaining (if any) to the general public. To pick and choose who gets these things, after the orders have been placed, would be kind of cheesy.

sweatnspice said:
I'm sure he will balance the orders out as best as possible.

His site says today that the people that ordered the '05 Holiday Reserve but didn't get the order in for the first 100 will be getting something "special" instead, and that they'll be very happy.

Wonder what's up? Have you heard anything Nick?

By the way Nick, I ordered some 3 AM from you about 4 months ago (and a couple of other things I think), and the service was fantastic. Thanks so much bro. 8)

Ryan - Great to hear your experience was good, we try our best!

As for what Blair has up his sleeves - it's a surprise, but those chileheads will be pleased, that's for sure.

Back