• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Masters and The Chilli Factory

Masters (Australia) is now selling 20 different types of chilli seedlings.  They go on sale from today (14 Sept).

Get in quick if you want any of the super hots, they're going quick.  I've just been and got some :D

This is what they have:

Aji Limon Chilli (Lemon drop )
Black Prince (Dark Leaf)
Fatalii
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero WHITE
Hungarian Black Chillies
Jalapeno RED
Mini Capsicums
Naga Bhut Jolokia RED AKA Ghost Chilli
Naga Bhut Jolokia Yellow AKA Ghost Chilli
Peter Pepper Penis Chilli RED
Purple tiger (Trifetti and Variegata)
Santa Fe Grande
Siam Chilli YELLOW
Sweet Temptation
Thai chilli HOT
Trindad Scorpion Cardi YELLOW
Trinidad 7 Pod YELLOW
Trinidad Scorpion Butch Taylor
Zimbabwe Baby Birds Eye Chilli

Wow, never thought I'd see superhots for sale here. Are they being supplied by The Chilli Factory? I had low germination rates on the Yellow 7 and Fatalii, better get down to a Masters tomorrow. Thanks DTS.

How much are they selling for a pack? How many seeds? I've just got some in, but could always buy more :) also where in Aus are you? I'm from perth

SeeYouJimmy said:
Wow, never thought I'd see superhots for sale here. Are they being supplied by The Chilli Factory? I had low germination rates on the Yellow 7 and Fatalii, better get down to a Masters tomorrow. Thanks DTS.

Heya Jimmy.  They're supplied by pot'n all and the chilli factory.  Don't know how they've worked it out.  Maybe the chilli factory supplied the starter seeds?
This is the blurb on the chilli factory website:
[SIZE=large]Pot it, Plant it... [/SIZE]​
[SIZE=large]Pot'n All ®  Heart Starters[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=large]The Chilli Factory Chillies “ From Zero to Hero” ™[/SIZE]​

Andy21 said:
How much are they selling for a pack? How many seeds? I've just got some in, but could always buy more :) also where in Aus are you? I'm from perth

Heya Andy21.  I'm in Melbourne but this is a nation wide Masters thing.  Also they're not seeds but seedlings.  They were on sale but that may have changed.  I go mine for $3.75 each.  They are supposed to be $5.00 each.  Dunno how long the sale lasts for.

More info can be found on here

This is the list from W.A.  Hope there is one close to you :)

Masters W.A.
BALDIVIS Cnr Safety Bay Road and Baldivis Roads WA 6171
FORRESTDALE Cnr Lake Rd and Ranford Rd WA 6112
BIBRA LAKE Cnr North Lake & Phoenix Rds WA 6163
ELLENBROOK 151 The Promenade WA 6069

Here is some pics of the plants I have. 
P9191501.jpg

P9191503.jpg

I got mine from Rutherford NSW, only cost me $3.50. I got a Butch T, Chocolate Habanero and Yellow Scropion. They are nice looking plants. It's a nice change to be able to buy proper varieties from nurseries rather then the typical Hot Chilli blah blah!

Would have got more, but my wife would kill me. I'm already growing a heap from seed and am overwintering a number from last year too lol. 

Thanks again DTS for the info. I'll probably stop in at the Doveton Masters on the way home. If I remember right you're in Doveton.... I hope you didn't clean them out.

They say it's Doveton but it's Eumemmerring.  I'm in Eum.  Damn Dovetonites trying to swamp  my tiny suburb! :D  Eum. is about a 1 minute drive from one end to the other :rofl:

Mine musta been $3.50 as well.  I couldn't remember how much I paid so I just guessed at $3 something LOL

Picked up 2 Fatalii, 2 Yellow7 and a TS Cardi Yellow at $3.50 each. They still have plenty of stock.
Eumemmerring is Doveton Lower is it not? I lived in Endeavour Hills for years. Or is that Doveton Heights?

Nice.  Good to know they still have plenty of stock.  Suppose they must if they're gonna do a nation wide Masters supply.  Might head on down and snag a few more.  Only problem is where to grow them :think:

Whaaa?  Doveton Lower?!  NO!!! Doveton is North Eumemmerring. 

Doveton Heights :rofl:

I only seen these in Master a couple of days ago and felt like a kid in a lolly a shop ended up buying 20 seedlings for $3 each

Fatalii
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero WHITE
Mini Capsicums
Naga Bhut Jolokia RED
Naga Bhut Jolokia Yellow
Thai Chilli HOT
Trindad Scorpion Cardi YELLOW
Trinidad 7 Pod YELLOW

Looking forward to see how they go in Rockhampton, relocating there next week with the missus for work.

I bought several of these from Masters, and they are growing pods like crazy.  The only one that hasn't taken off quite yet is the fatalii, but it is in a pot rather than the ground like the rest of them.  With the heat right now, the soil may be getting too hot.   Or else I am grasping for a reason why the fatalii isn't growing as well as the others...  I look forward to hearing how your grow goes, as well as your relocation.

Kind of sad that one of the big monopolies in Australia (aka Woolworths which owns masters) is going to be flooding the market with these and pushing genuine passionate people out of the way and cutting there profit lines ... Guess that's the price you pay for cheap goods

Trippa said:
Kind of sad that one of the big monopolies in Australia (aka Woolworths which owns masters) is going to be flooding the market with these and pushing genuine passionate people out of the way and cutting there profit lines ... Guess that's the price you pay for cheap goods

I figure most people buying seedlings at Masters are going to be impulse buyers, not the kind of people that purchase seeds online in the middle of Winter, germinate them, pamper them, grow them under lights, then transplant them into the garden several months later.

I, for one, am grateful that Masters has the seedlings available, as I am not in a hurry to get to back to the cycle of indoor gardening.

FWIW, my 4 plants started from seedlings.

Without the super hots from Masters and Bunnings I would not be growing chilies this year, as the wife will not allow indoor gardening and I've never seen any local places selling them - except at shows near the end of the season.  So for me I was really pleased that a heap of varieties are available from these stores.

As I'm a first time grower, I was told by the Masters people to plant these in the dirt "pot and all" which is a mistake I think.  I saw very little growth, so I carefully cut the "pot" off and pulled the roots back through and the plants are now shooting up :)

I also bought a Chilli Factory TS CARDI yellow from Masters. It is starting to produce pods. The pods are elongated:

Last year I grew a plant from Semillas seed stock which had roundish pods with stingers. This Chilli Factory plant gives significantly different pods. Is it a hybrid or just a natural variation? Anyone else out there with pods developing on their Chilli Factory TS CARDI yellows from Masters?

Back