• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

6 of Spicegeist's varieties - generously donated to a new grower.

About two weeks ago, Charles and I realized we lived in the same town.  He was nice enough to hook me up with some of his amazing peppers.  I enjoyed tasting them all and wrote up a quick review of the varieties he sent.

wPalgIQl.jpg

Clockwise from the top left: Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend X Bhut, Yellow 7 Pot, Cumari do Para, Cumari Pollux, 7 Pot Brain Strain, Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion Butch T.  I'm really hoping I didn't mix up the two crosses.

I apologize for the graininess of the photo.  If you want to see more/better pictures of Charles pods, you should check out his grow log.  He's got some amazing stuff going on this year!

TSMB x Bhut

What flavor I got a chance to taste before the heat hit was very nice, but after that - wow.  This is by far the hottest thing I have ever put in my mouth.  The heat was almost immediate and lasted for a full 10 minutes breaking and I spent another five or so coming down off it.

An interesting side note here, I have a friend who is known for her love of extreme spice.  I gave her a portion of the placenta of this pepper.  She said it had a heat comparable to a jalapeno.  I know that different folks experience spice differently, but I'm completely blown away by her complete indifference to a pepper that had me down and out for 15 minutes.  Amazing.

Yellow 7-Pot

I completely understand why everybody is in love with their 7-pots after tasting this guy.  It's just a damn good tasting pepper.  The fruitiness is very nice and the slow build to an intense heat is super nice.  This was probably my favorite.

Cumari do Para

At Charles advice, I didn't try these as they were pretty old, but did liberate some seeds!

Cumari Pollux

"Such a cute little pepper, right?  It can't be that bad."  These words are why my girlfriend will never again trust me when I hand her a pepper (mwahahah).  Almost no time to taste flavor on this guy - a very intense and immediate heat.  I popped the entire pepper in my mouth and bit down, coating the entire inside of my mouth almost immediately.  Not as hot as the others, but nothing to play around with either.  Took about 10 minutes to come down off of this guy too.

Douglah x Butch T

This guy was weird.  I didn't taste anything for about five seconds (seriously, no pepper taste at all), and then got a very sharp burn.

Brain Strain

I had some friends who wanted to try a really hot pepper.  I figure I can let the video speak for itself.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__tSa3tZMxg&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Note: the girl who says the one yesterday was worse, is referring to a smoked habanero she popped whole into her mouth thinking it was a sweet pepper.

I'm still a bit of a wimp, so I sampled very small portions of all the peppers.  After grabbing some seeds, I didn't really know what to do with the remaining portion so most of it became a nice powder mix I have in my spice cabinet now.  It will be going in some chilli soon!  The friend who compared the TSMB x Bhut to a Jalapeno tried some of the powder, and (thankfully?) that kicked her in the mouth a good bit.

Thanks again to Charles for the awesome peppers!

Charles is a awesome guy, and a outstanding breeder. He has lots of unique crosses, which he generously shipped a couple of them to me (only one was a cross tho). Lucky you have him very close, and maybe you both can share the hobby and help each other with breeding/growing.

, Walter

Haha, that's great.  Nice video, I'm glad you enjoyed them.  I'll have a few more for you to try soon.

Vegas_Chili said:
Charles is a awesome guy, and a outstanding breeder. He has lots of unique crosses, which he generously shipped a couple of them to me (only one was a cross tho). Lucky you have him very close, and maybe you both can share the hobby and help each other with breeding/growing.

, Walter

Thanks for the kind words Walter :)

That`s great. Nice peppers to get you started, too. From the sublime to the ridiculous!!! Pity about the Cumari du para, as that is my favourite pepper of all.

Good video, too.... :P

Back