• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Painful Penne Arrabiata

2 or more tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 or more tablespoons of Pain 100% :hell:
half a tablespoon of sriracha sauce for extra garlic kick
Quarter of a cup chopped fresh rosemary
Half a cup chopped fresh basil
1 large can crushed tomatoes
a dozen or more cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup sweet red wine
Tablespoon of tomato paste
shot of zesty garden select for heck of it
One red bell pepper cut in strips
red pepper flakes to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound box penne pasta or rigatoni, cooked according to package directions

First of all, I mince my garlic, almost puree it, then I clean and slice my red pepper into strips, which I cut in half, or thirds.
I heat up the olive oil, and saute the garlic, peppers, herbs, and flakes up until the garlic is golden.
Then I add the crushed tomatos, the wine, the shot of garden select, salt, pepper, sriracha sauce, and the Pain.
I like to simmer things a long while, but you could wip this up within 20 minutes, and adding a spoonful or so of tomato paste, or pepper paste will give it a nice thick consistency.
In any case, once your noodles are done, toss them with the sauce, sprinkle a little parmesan or romano on it to soften the blow, and enjoy!

If you can't find Pain 100%, look for a substitute with similar ingredients "PAIN 100% Hot Sauce - Habanero peppers, water, natural pepper flavoring, vinegar and spices."

Here is what the sauce looks like,
hotsauceworld_1996_8173651

Next time I make this, I'll take a picture.

Sounds awesome!

A question though...what's "zesty garden select"?

I've never heard of it, and a quick Googling found nada.
I'm guessing it's some sort of seasoning salt?

-Q

Actually it's a tomato juice by mott's or cambells. Sort of like V8, but better, has a lot of green pepper juice in it.

Also, for people who don't think a meals a meal without some meat, fry up a couple of spicy italian sausages, keep some of the run off, add it too the mix.

Tonight I made this again, but I only had 2 spoonfuls of Pain 100% so I added one of Mega Death and one of Reaper, and it was deadly beautiful.

I used about a cup of rosee wine and let it boil down for about 1.5 hours.

Yeah, it sounds really great! I also like it that it easy to adjust the heat if there are visitors or the sauces mentioned are not in the house. Great job - thanks!!!

smiley_emoticons_essen.gif

Chiliac said:
Yeah, it sounds really great! I also like it that it easy to adjust the heat if there are visitors or the sauces mentioned are not in the house. Great job - thanks!!!

smiley_emoticons_essen.gif

Oh yah, as with most pasta recipes, this ones highly flexible, and is indeed a variation of a classic.

I never really make it the same, like you said, sometimes you've got to modify it according to who's going to be eating it... I don't want to give my dad a heart attack either :shocked:!

I wouldn't be putting any Mad Dog Inferno in there, but basically anything with a pungent flavour of peppers will do.

Also, I know a lot of you guys have dried habanero flakes, and that would serve just as well.

Personally I can't wait to get my first bottle of Cajohn's 10 shipped over and doing it with that!

Hope you all enjoy, it's my pleasure.

Back