• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chocolate scorpion, Yellow Billy Boy Douglah, Brainstrain Sausage Pizza!!! FIRE!!!

I taste a sliver of a pod, evaluate the heat and the flavor, then cook, or my lady does while I am at work.

#4 Deep dish pizza with Brainstrain Italian sausage, and Chocolate Scorpion, Yellow Billy Boy Douglah red sauce.

First I tasted the chocolate scorpion.  Thank you to smileyguy for providing this wonderful pepper. It was very hot and delicious.  Sweet yet savory, with ZERO perfume like flavors that I don't really care for.  I told her to use the whole thing for the red sauce and that would be just right.  

The pizza toppings were roasted potatoes, onion, red bell pepper, mozzarella, parmesan, and spicy italian sausage that we made last night with Brainstrain. (see post: "Super Spicy Italian Sausage")

When I got home from work I tasted the sauce and the chocolate scorpion was completely mellowed out.  I had a Yellow Billy Boy Douglah in the fridge (thanks to coheed) and decided to add that to spice it up.  On the taste test is was sweet, and citrusy, with some very abrupt sharp heat so I figured that would do it.  

This is the chocolate scorpion that we used.

This is the yellow billy boy douglah we added close to the end.

Molten garlic tomato sauce.

Roasted Potato

Pizza Dough.

Toppings.

Final Product.

Some awesome deep dish pie.  It was truly FIRE!  I had three pieces and my lady struggled through her one piece, she loved the flavor and the heat, but it was very, very hot.  Pretty awesome flavor and totally manageable heat wise, maybe even "perfect."  

It is interesting how much cooking these superhots can mellow them out.  The three hotest peppers I have ever eaten wee in this pizza and I loved it.

Let me know what you think.

Times like -this- remind me how much I miss having a working oven. For years now all I've had to work with is a small toaster oven or two. lol

It looks very tasty, hot and just awesome. :)

Casper said:
Thank you.  Ever think about single serving boat shaped deep dish pies?  Could be possible in a toaster oven, or definitely a single serving flatbread.

Might be an idea. Thanks for the suggestions :)

.. Last year I attempted to make a pizza and it went horribly wrong. The recipe I found called for 1-2 tablespoons of yeast. I made the mistake of a) thinking there wasn't enough dough, b) doubling the recipe -including- the yeast lol .. If I ever use yeast again, I'm only using a tiny touch of it. *nod*

Oh hell YES!!!!!!!!!

Casper has been busting out some killer stuff here. We have a new contender folks!

The Hot Pepper said:
Oh hell YES!!!!!!!!!

Casper has been busting out some killer stuff here. We have a new contender folks!

Thank you sir.  I will keep them coming so long as I have peppers to work with.  Tonight's dinner had 2 cream fatali's, a ROF cayenne, and half of a very hot UBSC.  I will be posting it soon.  Thanks again for the complements.

Casper said:
I taste a sliver of a pod, evaluate the heat and the flavor, then cook, or my lady does while I am at work.

#4 Deep dish pizza with Brainstrain Italian sausage, and Chocolate Scorpion, Yellow Billy Boy Douglah red sauce.

First I tasted the chocolate scorpion.  Thank you to smileyguy for providing this wonderful pepper. It was very hot and delicious.  Sweet yet savory, with ZERO perfume like flavors that I don't really care for.  I told her to use the whole thing for the red sauce and that would be just right.  

The pizza toppings were roasted potatoes, onion, red bell pepper, mozzarella, parmesan, and spicy italian sausage that we made last night with Brainstrain. (see post: "Super Spicy Italian Sausage")

When I got home from work I tasted the sauce and the chocolate scorpion was completely mellowed out.  I had a Yellow Billy Boy Douglah in the fridge (thanks to coheed) and decided to add that to spice it up.  On the taste test is was sweet, and citrusy, with some very abrupt sharp heat so I figured that would do it.  

This is the chocolate scorpion that we used.

This is the yellow billy boy douglah we added close to the end.

Molten garlic tomato sauce.

Roasted Potato

Pizza Dough.

Toppings.

Final Product.

Some awesome deep dish pie.  It was truly FIRE!  I had three pieces and my lady struggled through her one piece, she loved the flavor and the heat, but it was very, very hot.  Pretty awesome flavor and totally manageable heat wise, maybe even "perfect."  

It is interesting how much cooking these superhots can mellow them out.  The three hotest peppers I have ever eaten wee in this pizza and I loved it.

Let me know what you think.

BOOM!

Back