• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

any recipes with chiltepins?

I think this chili is way too delicious for the amount of exposure it gets.  I especially love it because it is a native species here.  Besides the obvious drying and powdering, does anyone have recipes involving the chiltepin?   

not really a recipe > however >>>

they go well with cheese dishes, try diced fresh ones in a queso and a little cumin and then with nachos

this is yummy

ajijoe said:
not really a recipe > however >>>

they go well with cheese dishes, try diced fresh ones in a queso and a little cumin and then with nachos

this is yummy

"Spike" the fondue at a party, so to speak.
I will have to try this.

oboesushi said:

"Spike" the fondue at a party, so to speak.
I will have to try this.
your gonna love it!!
also if you ever can get your hands on a few wild brazil peppers there even better in cheese, but there a bit hotter than a chiletepin and the burn is different too

thanks your friend Joe

I really want to try some wild brazils, I have heard that they have a wonderful flavor.  I will look around for some seeds.

oboesushi said:
I really want to try some wild brazils, I have heard that they have a wonderful flavor.  I will look around for some seeds.
there my top favorite and i have seeds for it

ive had really delicious scallop ceviche in mexico and all they used was dried and ground tepins. looked simple to me, ground tepin, scallops , tons of lemon, purple onion, and cucumbers

Back