• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Defeating the Brown Moruga!!!

Pumped up from a decisive victory a week ago over the Chocolate Scorpion, my friend Paul, aka "The Peppernator", took the pepper challenge to a higher level this past Saturday evening.  THP's Sick625 sent The Peppernator a Brown Moruga for only his second pepper challenge.  In the end, it was little challenge. 

Addendum: The Peppernator related to me that approximately 2 hours after completing the pepper challenge, he was momentarily overcome by a brief bout of nausea/cramping which put him on the kitchen floor for 5 minutes.  After puking up the pepper, he said he went to bed and slept like a baby.  No problem.  He blames it on not enough food in his gut.  The Peppernator is still interested in another pepper challenge provided someone can supply a hotter pepper than the last two.  He did not think he could detect any difference in heat/pain between the Chocolate, and Brown Moruga.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WjaesFUaxGQ

I love this guy!!

Peppernator, rofl.

tumblr_l44kds5pES1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

"Ear of Satan..."  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

What a nut.

Your friend indeed has a high natural tolerance.  And I don't want to take anything away from Sick's pod, but if I recall, his was a mutation of supposed red moruga seeds.  His strain is not the Brown Moruga Scorpion that everyone is raving about.  That belongs to Judy.  Sick's pod may very well be as hot as Judy's.  I wouldn't know as I've not tried Sick's version.  But I would say for your friend to obtain a Brown Moruga from Judy and see what he thinks of it.

And not to knock on your friend, but I'd say if he threw up from the pepper, it posed at least a little bit of a challenge ;)

Either way, he indeed can handle the heat.

Your buddy is the $hit.
He reminds me of a cross between MacGuyver & C Thomas Howell.
When he said "I can do this... I can do this.."
I thought to myself : A little late to think that, that train already left the station & it's rollin' along fast enough that you've got no choice but to ride it out!
Lol, love it. When's he going to shoot for a Reaper?
I just read your addendum.
I had to add myself, that last weekend I tried the Carolina Reaper at the Jungle Jim's Weekend of Fire expo.
Puckerbutt had a booth with Ed C & Chuck/The Biz, their sauces and some fresh pods. I sampled 2 nice sized chunks of Reaper with placenta & all. I held it together pretty well, tears sweat & all but no freaking out. Approx 90 minutes later I was home in our kitchen clinging to the countertop with the most violent cramps ever. They too, lasted only a short time but holy crapola! They reminded me of kidney stone pain! Lol

compmodder26 said:
Your friend indeed has a high natural tolerance.  And I don't want to take anything away from Sick's pod, but if I recall, his was a mutation of supposed red moruga seeds.  His strain is not the Brown Moruga Scorpion that everyone is raving about.  That belongs to Judy.  Sick's pod may very well be as hot as Judy's.  I wouldn't know as I've not tried Sick's version.  But I would say for your friend to obtain a Brown Moruga from Judy and see what he thinks of it.

And not to knock on your friend, but I'd say if he threw up from the pepper, it posed at least a little bit of a challenge ;)

Either way, he indeed can handle the heat.
Yeah he. Shuld try judys version lol & yeah & that pod had a different shape to all my other morugas cuz that was only ripe moruga I had hanging on there...then the name on my moruga pods shuld be "Not Red Moruga" ?lol

Sick625 said:
Yeah he. Shuld try judys version lol & yeah & that pod had a different shape to all my other morugas cuz that was only ripe moruga I had hanging on there...then the name on my moruga pods shuld be "Not Red Moruga" ?lol

Nope, you can call it what you like.  Obviously yours is brown so call it Brown Moruga if you like.  I was just stating that the version that has had numerous reviews where the majority call it the hottest they've ever had is Judy's.  Again, yours could certainly be just as hot if not hotter.  I cannot comment on that as I've never tried yours (would love to try it though, if you want another review ;)).  

Yes her's make me curl up like a lil baby in the corner i can't eat even half of one of hers let alone a full one yet lol.......thats STILL the hottest ive ever had! AND u know cooking with it is supposed to...or actually for me it brings out the flavors but tames the heat on peppers usually BUT with her brown moruga its like ive just took a bite out of a fresh pod!! lol

I loved this review he did an AWESOME job and reminds me a lil of Jim Carey lol

these are mines

fkz4g4.jpg

4uxllh.jpg

vovrig.jpg

2dk0b4n.jpg

2hd78s5.jpg

Nigel said:
I don`t know about Sick`s Brown Moruga, but I do know that Judy`s is really really really hot.

Still, Jim, your friend is quite a monster!!!

compmodder26 said:

Nope, you can call it what you like.  Obviously yours is brown so call it Brown Moruga if you like.  I was just stating that the version that has had numerous reviews where the majority call it the hottest they've ever had is Judy's.  Again, yours could certainly be just as hot if not hotter.  I cannot comment on that as I've never tried yours (would love to try it though, if you want another review ;)).  

Jamison said:
Beasted it!

if the heat is not killing u size will

f2ot.jpg

nice pods Sick they have more rough skin... 

i would think urs have thinner skin and smaller placenta 

give us inside pic if u took one 

LOL sick urs look mean 
mine look innocent until u eat it :hot:  

Nigel said:
I don`t know about Sick`s Brown Moruga, but I do know that Judy`s is really really really hot.

you mean hotter than South Carolina Primo  :rofl:

PepperLover said:
if the heat is not killing u size will

f2ot.jpg

nice pods Sick they have more rough skin... 

i would think urs have thinner skin and smaller placenta 

give us inside pic if u took one 
But without knowing the size of the apple...

Personally, I prefer using something of a known and standardized size. I use a Morgan silver dollar for scale in my pics.

Anyway, they look great, I should order some seeds from you.

Funny.

He did down it, but that was a hurtin' unit.

Having had Judy's brown Morugas, the size alone is hard to handle. They kinda pop and go everywhere.

Nigel said:

Nigel, I didn't see a brown Moruga review on your youtube channel.  Didi I miss it?  I saw your choc moruga review.

Paul "The Peppernator" is not a chilehead, certainly not a pod reviewer.  This is all in fun for him.  But truly, he's not too impressed by the heat so far.  What's the hottest, most painful pod you've tried, Nigel?  Paul has no interest in trying every superhot.  He wants to get to the hottest one, and see what all the buzz is. 

Naga Chomper Today, 03:03 PM

.... Having had Judy's brown Morugas, the size alone is hard to handle. They kinda pop and go everywhere.

Sorry, just thinking: Imagine what someone with knowledge of/context of this convo might think about that comment... ??? Lol. No offense meant to anyone as I've never met you all. But ohhhh the imagery!

Back