• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod supposed to be a Moruga

friend of mine picked this from a "Moruga" plant he grew from seed, except it's less hot than a pepperoncini and only about the size of a quarter...any ideas?

1381761_10151650850286338_1177632088_n.jpg

Shape/texture doesn't look like one.  But the biggest  tipoff is that you said it is as hot as a pepperocini.  Unless you have a HUGE tolerance to capsaicin, then it should give you WAY more burn than that.  Sorry can't tell you what you have though.

Actually it ended up likely being a Moruga, I explained to him that the capsaicin is in the membranes surrounding the seeds and he said he just tried the tip.  He's also sworn to not grow anything hotter than a Serrano after eating the whole pod

lol :onfire:

My supposed morugas have an a-typical shape and texture too... they are pretty flat and have smoother skin than others' phenotypes.  But the heat and amount of placenta are good indicators that I do have morugas.

It may be a sweet hab? I think thats what they called it I had picked up a plant from the Nursery a few months back labeled red habenero but this thing had no heat for being a "hab"

Back