• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

What pepper are you trying today? P.O.D.

Thought I'd throw this out there, a thread where people post what new pepper they are trying today and maybe a pic. Not so much a recipe, just seeing what people are going to try for the first time. 

I'll start:  Tonight I'll be trying my first Assam Bhut Jolokia(MGOLD86).
IMG_20131015_151125_217_zpsd1975a86.jpg

Well it's too late for a pic now but I just picked my first Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion off my plant this morning and tried it a couple of hours ago.  It's taken a long time but it was worth it!  Great tasting pepper!  And I gotta say there's something about picking that first ripe pepper off the plant and trying it for the first time!  I think that adds to it.

I had a Dilley Street Tamworks Birdseye, tiny pepper with the big name. It was medium hot for a bird pepper, very typical flavor, nothing special flavor wise, but a very attractive little plant with beautiful pods of yellow, white, purple, and red. I havent been able to get a pic with all the colors on at once because it is too young still, but now blooming like crazy.

1-1-CAM00526.jpg

I'm trying the brown 7 pot today, courtesy of thegreenman. Not sure what to expect as this'll be my first whole 7 pot, but it smells great!
20131017_102502.jpg

Hmmm.
Think it was a BB yellow.
Got a full dehydrator I haven't had time to empty, and only a couple pods were marked in a large FRB from the Cap'n.
Crunched 1/2 of a yellow one into a sammich.
Not quite Douglah hot, but not sure how a yellow BB should taste.

It's easy to ID a Bhut, BS, Bahamian Goat, but it also contained a bunch of crosses and ones I couldn't id.

Back