• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

fermenting yet another ferment started....

So I found some supers labelled as red scorpion peppers at a somewhat local korean market.... extremely hot, pretty sure they're straight trinidad scorpions.... so they went into a sauce.... cut all 10 pods into rings and pieces.... went into a jar, topped with salt and dried italian seasoning followed by some garlic and some pineapple chunks and agave syrup.... topped it off with water, packed everything down and loosely covered it.
About 36 hours later, repacked it down and tightened the lid.... now to let it set....

Tasted what came out on the spoon, ouch.... when it is done, gonna add some lime juice and a mixture of white and apple cider vinegar, blend and then let it cook for a bit to thicken it up some....

Got scared and didnt get around to cooking this one until today....
ooS11Xt.jpg

Can there to show the shade of the sauce. ...

Added a bit of vinegar to get the remaining stuff out of the jarn it was fermenting in, blended it, heated it to a simmer and let it go for about 5 minutes.... added in a bit of acv, salt and Worcestershire sauce in the process.... its missing the flavor of the vinegar/acidity from the ferment I was hoping for, gonna top nnn off with a bit more white vinegar....
Nice heat, not as much as I expected considering how much heat the pieces I tried had, but its good enough, its usable....

Back