• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Nagas not germinated yet

I'm impatiently waiting for them( Nagas) and haven't given up but we're taking a road trip tomorrow to a not so local nursery/greenhouse which has a very respectable list of peppers/tomatoes/herbs,etc. I will buy some Nagas, Bhuts and a few more. I could go crazy at that place and come home broke I'm sure.

For those close enough in Minnesota it's Brewery Creek, located close to Belle Plain on 169( up by the cities) and the website is www.bcfarm.com. They do ship all over also.

So along with the ever expanding space occupied by plants, here come some more. Fortunately, DH helps with the heavy work as my back won't go there. He babies them worse than I do. We have to buy some more shop lights so we can set up another 3 tier shelf too. There's no end in site. Ha ha! Every room has plants now. It's taken over the house, mmy youngest daughter says we'll never have to plant another pepper in our lives...little does she know. 60 kinds can always grow to 100. She likes salsa of the mild to medium variety but most of the kids like more heat.

I planted the nagas on 3/16. Not even a hint of poking their heads up yet, the rest planted at the same time have all been moved to larger pots and growing fine. These are pokey!!! I won't take them out, they can just get the idea from the plants I buy... maybe inspiration will help.

pepperfever said:
I planted the nagas on 3/16. Not even a hint of poking their heads up yet, the rest planted at the same time have all been moved to larger pots and growing fine. These are pokey!!! I won't take them out, they can just get the idea from the plants I buy... maybe inspiration will help.

Sometimes it just takes a while. I had about given up the Broome chilies, it had been a little over 4 weeks, then boom! just last weekend both of them popped up within 24 hours of each other.

Patience...young grasshopper... :lol:

Yup, like everyone said, wait for atleasst 3 weeks to see germination under right condition.

Is MN. warm yet? I have found out that the minute I put my Bhuts and Nagas outside ON a hot sidewalk in my backyard, they sprouted like weeds! I had only 1 Naga Jolokia and 2 Bhut Jolokias sprouted in 2 weeks inside, and was frustrated. So I put them outside in the sun and ON a hot sidewalk, and I got 10 out of 10 to sprout in 2 days!

But south Fla. is HOT already, and the sidewalk cement really heated up the soil. THAT did the trick. So if it isn't HOT up there..put them on a heating pad,or on a hot blacktop driveway? And I bet they will pop right up! Keep us up to date on the progress.

Yes Rainbowberry Tony @ nagaseeds is a great bloke to helped me source some of mine,,
this is from my files and also on the naga page of my site..

GROWING NAGA’S: Normal chilli seeds sprout usually in 2—4 weeks in normal conditions. The Naga’s on the otherhand aren’t Normal. They Originate from India, where its Hot. Scientific studies conclude that Naga Seeds need a Constant soil temp of between 28—32 C(80—90F) and can take up to 5 weeks to sprout..
By Using a Mini Green house , Jiffy Pots and a Heat pad, set at a constant temperature, we are achieving 90—100% germination rate with Naga’s within 3 weeks and 100% on most other seeds in 2 weeks.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND GROWING SEEDS THIS WAY..
planting in the ground or in pots, germination was at 30—50 % in 6 weeks. 2 lots , didn’t even sprout.......

but then i put Fresh Morich seeds in the other week and 7 days they popped up. so fresh is Best by far, But yea can take ages..

This is my first year growing peppers so I don't have any thing else to compare my results to. I started all of mine in a jiffy starter container and keep it between 80-90 degrees. All of my bells, habaneros, and takanotsumes came up through the dirt in the pellet within 5-7 days. My bhut jolokias have been in there for 1 week and have not shown up yet. I think the heat is supposed to help a lot in speeding things up. If I get any of my bhuts to come up I'll let you know how long they took but they do seem to take longer. I think all of the nagas and jolokias are about the same.

Back