• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Various Jellies

Now that the season is winding down and I have a good bit of pods from a handful of plants and the great sale Judy has going on I have been going at it in kitchen making several different pepper concoctions.  Yesterday was jelly, and today will be more jelly.  I had planned on making mustard today too but when I got home from the store my damn dog had gotten out of his kennel and broke a PVC pipe to the well and sprayed water all over my work room, more importantly the outlet that has my chest freezer and his Invisible Fence on it.  The freezer is fine, just have an extension cord running to another outlet till I can get it totally dried out, the control box for the fence maybe shot though.  Have a fan blasting on it now to dry out the internals then I'll see what I've got.  So I'll be headed to the HD to get some PVC and fittings to replace that section.  Good times.

Anyhow the first jelly I did was a 7 Pod Yellow SR Giant Congo from Pepperlover with Mango.  Followed the typical directions and used 12 pods in both recipes, all but 2 deseeded for ascetics, just like seeing a few seeds in there.  The next is a Doughlah jelly with Black Cherries and a bit of Raspberries.  Both are excellent, I had to throw the spoon into the dishwater to stop from eating the dregs out of the bottom of the pan.  Today I will be making a Red Doughlah with Strawberries, and a Peach Bhut with Peaches.  And now for the obligatory pics.

4wcakEm.jpg

pj3IALt.jpg

CdE3r97.jpg

zWcHvfe.jpg

Back