• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Crazy Fatali Superhot Stirfry?

I finally tasted one of my homegrown yellow fatalis yesterday.  According to some posts I have read on THP, Fatalis are hotter than habanero but not quite Superhots.  I definitely have had some stressed out plants but how much could that really up the heat level.  

Firstly, I apologize for posting unappetizing information on a cooking forum, but here goes.  I would also like to point out that I do taste slivers of peppers often to test heat levels and flavors so I usually know what to expect.

When I tasted a sliver of this pod my mouth immediately lit up, and within a minute I was cramping like crazy in my gut, after another minute I was sweating like crazy, with back pains and horrible gut cramps.  After another minute I was on the can with a bucket at my feet ready to yack into.  I had to take of my shirt due to excessive sweating and was using it to wipe my brow constantly.  I was able to hold out from tossing my proverbial cookies but WOW!  This is the first time anything like this has happened to me.  Usually I am able to just sit back and enjoy the show, whether it be pain, heat, euphoria, neck muscle relaxation or just a bit of cramping.  This time I was truly thinking that I may not eat peppers anymore.

Is it possible that I made this Fatali a superhot simply by stressing the hell out of it.  It definitely felt like it.

I was making a quick stirfry between shifts to test out some new flavor profiles and had finally harvested this pod so I used it. CRAZY!

Here are some photos of this mind blowing pod.

By the way I ended up discarding three of those fresh fatali garnish rings.  I couldn't handle it, and I was still high and hot from the first sliver.  This is hands down the hottest pepper I have grown.

Bottom line... I am very proud of myself for growing this pod and displeased with my unfortunate reaction to it.

Any thoughts?

Very nice looking pepper and stir fry! Could that possibly have been a yellow bhut instead of a fatalii? I know the fatalii's I've tried this year have been hotter than habs, but they also looked a little different to that one. That one looks a lot more like some yellow bhuts I've received.

You may have got one that hit the capsaicin lottery.  My Fataliis seem way above the standard orange hab.  I'd say they're closer to Nagas (almost approaching Bhut level). They also seem pretty consistent - haven't had many duds.  Long live the Fatalii! 

Back