• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spotting &/or thinning on Leaves.

Spotting &/or thinning on Leaves. - UPDATE

UPDATE:
Found the culprit, I think. It took my H's microscope eyes to find: Spider Mites. We found tiny webs on many of the affected plants.
Omri called it.
Thanks
File0011.jpg

Shamrock leaf with the same damage, just more severe.
File0009.jpg

Different plants with the same damage? I would think the cause is external. a insect of some sort, perhaps?

Possibly too much potassium, what is the npk of your nutrient and MG soil, and at what strength are you using the nutrient at?

Personally, the only bugs I've seen around my plants are fruit flies & they stick near the garlic.
According to Miracle Grow Potting Soil Packaging: 0.21, 0.07, 0.14

Up until last Thursday, I was giving all the plants a watered down Miracle Grow at every watering. BUT they're growing too fast (not enough room) so I switched to plain tap water.
This had a 0.24, 0.08, 0.16 and I was using 1/4 tsp per gallon of water.

Is that the 3 month feeding MG soil? If your plants aren't 3 months old you may have been feeding them too much when you added nutrients to your water.

I'm going to have to double check on the older plants. They've been in the same soil since September. The "little ones" were started in mid-Feb and the Shamrock plant transplanted into MG mid-March.
Now that they're on plain water, maybe it'll improve.

I don't know GB, these flies have outsmarted every other trap set for them. But... will probably try the sticky-tape stuff anyway.

Ok... older ones in back have no sign of this. But neither do the "babies" or tomatoes.

Could it be from watering too close to the lights?
DSCF0017.jpg

Honestly, it is brighter in here than this shows.

For now, I've:
1- Turned off my heater (78'F)
2- Added 2 humidifiers (56%RH)
3- Sprayed what I could get at easily with a neem-based spray.

I have to go out for my brother's b-day party or I would do more now.

Later tonight I will water again and in the process, since everyone needs moved, clean the leaves with soapy water & spray again.

I was planning on cutting the heat next weekend to prepare to move them outside the following week. At this rate, weather permitting, they're going outside next weekend.

I hate bugs.

Looks like too much fertilizer to me. Two of my plants looked the same about a week after "feeding" them. I overwatered them after placing them on a grid to wash out all the fertlizer and not even two hours later even most of the affected leaves looked much better again, less thin and not hanging down anymore. Only the really yellow leaves didn't recover. Defo worth a try.

a few of my plants had the same spotting on the leaves,i was using chili focus as the fertilizer and have stopped using on my prarie fire.habs and black congos.the rest seem ok with it and im growing some with bat guano for that organic touch :)

Back