vendor Bulk Fresh Peppers in the Winter

I have to fill an order of hot sauce (15,000 bottles) in March/April 2014. I am looking for a source of peppers that would be available over the next few months. I have only ever used fresh peppers grown in my garden or in one of the local farms near me. Being in NJ there will be no fresh peppers available until the end of July. Any leads would be appreciated. 

The order is for a charity - we will be donating all of the labor and won't be making any money on this but we really want to use some fresh peppers if we can. 

First choice is poblano and jalapeno. I can substitute serrano peppers for poblano if needed.

Second choice is cayenne and habanero mix.

Thanks!

Can you buy now and freeze them? A lot of people are bringing in their final crops right about now, so you might be able to find peppers now for use early next year. 

Sorry, definitely don't have that many in my backyard!

I think Nigel has a VERY good point you should consider.

But seriously I could mention a couple of vendors here if I may. The two "biggest" I would think that may have that Kind of volume are Baker'sPeppers.com and PepperLover.com.

I agree with Nigel---I have 2 freezers full of peppers and tomatoes and make my salsa's all year long no problem. The only thing that happens when you freeze peppers is they get soft and that does not harm the taste at all.

How many peppers are needed to do 15k of sauce.  I would like to help.  I have cayenne/choc habanero.  Fresh - Frozen, but I'd say I only have about 2kg or 3kg total of them.  I guess you'd be buying all you could get if you are gonna fill that order.  I'm in Europe though.  However, if you are interested in buying them...I was saving them till I have some time to make my powdered pepper mix.
Hotty

Back