• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! PIZZA Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
It's the fan favorite.

PIZZA!

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry

Plus: Make your own pizza dough. Make your own sauce (if using sauce). No prepared dough or sauce.
Exact measurements for dough and sauce. The toppings and anything else do not need exact measurements. Any toppings and anything experimental allowed, as long as it is a pizza pie.

PoL: .80

ENDS: Sunday 10:00 PM EST

BEGIN!

keybird going with a Mediterranean spin?????

I hope this gets as awesome as I hope it's gonna get!!!!!!

Count me in. Probably Sunday. 

frydad4 said:
keybird going with a Mediterranean spin?????

Edit: yes! actually. as far as countries go. (had to do a bit of quick google-ing, assuming this is correct.)

the oil is mediterranean because I was running out of olive oil and had that combo oil stuff in the cupboard, and it had olive oil in it.heh. so using what was available at the time of poL. interesting coincidence that I happened to have some on hand.

Husker21 said:
In.  My first TD!

Congrats Husk!!!! Bring it!!!
Can't wait to see what you do for your first shot!!!!!!!!!
(most of all, have a fun ass time doing it, and enjoy the experience!!!)

frydad4 said:

Congrats Husk!!!! Bring it!!!
Can't wait to see what you do for your first shot!!!!!!!!!
(most of all, have a fun ass time doing it, and enjoy the experience!!!)

Thanks.  Looking forward to throwing down my pie.  Are you in?

texas blues said:
HAH! KBK gotz the wwwhole wwwheat flour too!

Bring it mang!

Whole wheat dough from me as well.  Made up the dough tonight.  Going to my kick ass butcher tomorrow to grab my protein.

I'm in! I forgot that today it's not holiday (as was yesterday in Italy) so i could buy some missing ingredients. Here it is:

ibq9x7vZoNRQLu.jpg

Here the full photo so you can actually see money value and milk expiring date.
About PoL: in the right 80€ cents, in the left 59€ cents that roughly are 80$ cents.
About milk expiring date: here date format is dd/mm/yy and not dd/gg/yy so it expires in 6th november.

Tomorrow morning i'll make the dough (today i can't), then for lunch i should do the rest and post details...

Essegi - glad you're in! For future TD's you don't have to convert the PoL - just put in the amount in your own local currency. If, like that dang aussieland, your currency doesn't come in a manner that allows you to get to the exact PoL, just get close to it. 

@keybrdkid and JayT: have a nice time cooking!

frydad4 said:
oh this is going to be one we remember.....!!!!
I believe too this TD will be something excellent, so many good photos in the last great pizza thread! ;)

texas blues said:
Go Essegi!!!
Hope to not disappoint! :D

geeme said:
Essegi - glad you're in! For future TD's you don't have to convert the PoL - just put in the amount in your own local currency. If, like that dang aussieland, your currency doesn't come in a manner that allows you to get to the exact PoL, just get close to it. 
Thanks!
To tell the truth about the converted PoL had 1% of doubt and the rest were just a little joke. :D

The dough

image_zpsb9d4c0b7.jpg

The toppings

image_zpsdc419a04.jpg

The side salad

image_zps5c9a17a1.jpg

Teaser thread coming shortly...  :) Smells awesome up in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back