•  

Photo
- - - - -

Hot Stuff Addiction - A Long-Term Health Concern?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 rabbit

rabbit

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:51 AM

I already posted a thread on this earlier last week. They are not only good for your immune system, but are also good for diabetics, your heart, and really do a wonder on preventing prostate cancer. I honestly think chili's are one of those superfoods. Heck, I think my wife and I ate some bad food camping resulting in some type of food poisoning. I got sick once, and am already feeling better. I think most people would be sick for a few days over that. Besides that I VERY, VERY rarely even get the slightest bit sick. I also do everything wrong. Eat with dirty hands at times, eat rare red meat, ect. (I think that'll oddly boost your immunes system too. I think you can overclean your body. You can't have a good immune system without exposing it to germs.) Anyways, here's that article.http://www.whfoods.c...odspice&dbid=29 Also, on a sidenote I also agree that Western medicine focuses far to much on prescription meds. IMO for the most part it's really about big corporations making more money not your health.
If I'm not on here, I'm probably a couple miles back in some woods trying to kill something or picking some type of edible wild mushroom.

#42 QuadShotz

QuadShotz

On Fire!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:59 AM

I already posted a thread on this earlier last week. They are not only good for your immune system, but are also good for diabetics, your heart, and really do a wonder on preventing prostate cancer. I honestly think chili's are one of those superfoods. Heck, I think my wife and I ate some bad food camping resulting in some type of food poisoning. I got sick once, and am already feeling better. I think most people would be sick for a few days over that. Besides that I VERY, VERY rarely even get the slightest bit sick. I also do everything wrong. Eat with dirty hands at times, eat rare red meat, ect. (I think that'll oddly boost your immunes system too. I think you can overclean your body. You can't have a good immune system without exposing it to germs.) Anyways, here's that article.http://www.whfoods.c...odspice&dbid=29 Also, on a sidenote I also agree that Western medicine focuses far to much on prescription meds. IMO for the most part it's really about big corporations making more money not your health.

Amen. I'm the same way.

#43 theHippySeedCo

theHippySeedCo

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:53 AM

yup i so agree,

must seem to work, im fine
Life wasn't meant to be easy.

#44 simon

simon

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

I get sore joints from overdosing on chilli i.e. heavy chilli consumption for a sustained period of time (generally in powder form). Strange but true.
Carn Eagles!

#45 sicman

sicman

On Fire!

• Extreme Biz
  • 9,380 posts
  • aka:siccy..aka papa sic..

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

are you sure you get sore joints from chili?? could it be anything else?

sicmans_128-1.gif

#46 simon

simon

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Seems to correlate. And not the same joint each time...
Carn Eagles!

#47 romy6

romy6

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Wierd I only get a sore ass :halo:
Jamie :cheers:

#48 Limonaid

Limonaid

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

I never get sick and I never get a sore anything from eating hot peppers.

#49 meinchoh

meinchoh

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

I get sore joints from overdosing on chilli i.e. heavy chilli consumption for a sustained period of time (generally in powder form). Strange but true.

Gout, possibly?
John 14:16-17, Hebrews 13:2

#50 simon

simon

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Gout, possibly?

Haha. Yeah. I have had that once or twice so I know what that is like. But no, the experience isn't the same (thankfully!). So I dont think it is gout.
Carn Eagles!

#51 Chewi

Chewi

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • aka:Ilikebeer, grillmaster

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

A nasal application of capsaicin greatly ameliorated symptoms among 52 patients suffering from cluster headaches. Seventy percent of the patients benefitted when the capsaicin was applied to the nostril on the same side as the headache. When capsaicin was applied to the opposite nostril, patients did not improve.

I have cluster headaches.. I eat peppers every day..I'd be willing to bet quite a few people with them are drawn to peppers.

#52 Dulac

Dulac

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:36 AM

There are so many health benefits! And many people have listed them.

I see them as super healthy for you. I'd like to add that they are probably good for your heart since they help with blood circulation. I noticed they make aches go away temporarily. Probably from the endorphin release :) . They also wake me up / stimulate my brain when I'm feeling lethargic. The endorphin release puts me in a better mood of course. So the mental effects are not bad either. The immune boost could be from the vitamin c that they have. They also flush your system out. That can help with getting over a cold. I bet they are really good for sinus infections too since they help break down mucus.

I got my gf who has type 1 diabetes into eating chiles. They are really healthy for people with diabetes as blood circulation and a low immunity system are an issue for them.

#53 3/5King

3/5King

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

I know for a fact that chiles have gotten rid of my acid reflux. They enhance my mood, give me energy and are packed with vitamins A and C. Chiles also are a natural antahystimine (spelling?)

"Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam.”

"What man can conceive and believe, man can achieve"

#54 Limonaid

Limonaid

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Man, I love reading about how awesome eating these peppers everyday is for your health.

#55 Tinben

Tinben

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • aka:Gnomey

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

I am glad to find this thread and maybe even see it grow. I have type 1diabetes. I was diagnosed when I was 38. Same thing happened to my aunt and others in my family.  I am glad to see that my new found love of hot peppers can be beneficial to my health. All I have to do now is start eating super hots instead of  not so super hots. :P

Grace! :party:

#56 Whitewookie

Whitewookie

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'd like to do that aswell, but I already spent enough on heat lamps and equipment for my new turtle.

So unless I can grown them easily enough I don't think I can manage it.

You need special lamps and conditions to grown these things right, they don't spring up as easy and plentifully as tomatoes I bet.

I've actually found them far easier to grow than tomatoes....

#57 Whitewookie

Whitewookie

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think they must be good for you.  I've been eating hot stuff all my life, even licked jalaps as a small kid of 10 or so.  My uncle Merle used to bet people beers that I wouldn't eat a pepper out of the pepper sauce jar at the local Choke-n-puke in Plant City, some days I'd eat 5 or six, I thought it was great fun.  He'd probably be arrested these days. 

I've abused myself in nearly every way imaginable including 24.5 yrs in the Air Force.  At 55 I'm still healthy (Relatively). Peppers are the only thing I've eaten, drank, smoked, etc. that haven't ever been linked to anything bad.... Ergo, peppers are good. Case closed. Done, and done...

Harold

#58 inolan22

inolan22

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Wierd I only get a sore ass angel.gif

This makes me laugh....oh so true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users