• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest TIE-BREAKER VOTE! Pizza Throwdown

Who made the best pizza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Here we go again!

24 hours.

These were my top two, it'd almost be easy to just swap votes (props FD) but I know the process I went through when I first voted, and Essegi had, and still has the edge.

It was all about the vibrant colors, the flavors, and the balance (cured/fresh). Add buffa mozz... and those onions! The marination trick so they melt/cook onto the pie without having to saute first for a fresher result. Just a little thing, but little things like that make all the difference to me.

Looks like a painting!

Essegi's pizza reminds me of one I had in Zurich, in an Italian parlor , . The place was dark only the glow from the brick oven and candles on the tables.
The pizza had the purple onions, green basil and bubbly motz..........no swiss......... :lol: 
Like you said Dan, .....a work of art !

I perused the td thread and voted. All looked delicious. My first venture into this forum has my mouth watering. Might have to jump in on one of these.

Man, I want a slice more now than after a long night out at the pub.

Oh, and the sliced Trinidad Scorpion pepper helped too.

:fire:

Boss...fat fingers on an iPhone, my vote was supposed to go to FD. Neither would last long on my plate though!

11-11

Fixed your vote. Took me damn near an hour, lol. Not easy messing in the db with code that is not the actual number. All arithmetic shit and in different areas, then one thing messes up the next. No one else mess up please. :banghead:

Jeez, I had to go through all the prep shots and read everything twice just to decide.  I'm sort of a pizza traditionalist, but my views changed Sum ordered this Carnitas pizza here and showed me that non traditional pizza is sometimes better than the standards.  I went with Essegi only because I'm not really a fritos fan (they smell like my dog's paws), but I want a bowl of that chili with the sour cream on top. 

Props to both competitors, and big ups to Essegi for voting for his competition!

JayT said:
You don't know her that well yet do you LD?  I don't find it strange at all after knowing her for a couple years.

Heh... She told me her dags' paws smelled like popcorn. I actually snifteded them. Popcorn... No. Fritos?  Better description.

But FD's entry didn't smell, nor taste, like dog feet.

Trust

Gotta love these close ones.

The best pizza WILL win. Both are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back