• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Giant Yellow Thai Pepper

Another one from Ajijoe. How many peppers can one man grow??? Thanks Joe   

This is a really excellent, relatively mild Thai pepper. The flavors are really clean, sweet and still have that certain Thai flavour. The heat is up around cayenne, maybe slightly higher, but would be fantastic for using in cooking, as it isn't quite so hot, but still has all the taste. 

I also do a quick review of a small Thai pepper I grow, just to compare and contrast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9H8rNZ_Fk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUvpwCBbWBXpc-AzNlkEf8RA

Nice Review Nigel.  That yellow one is the largest Thai Pepper I have ever seen.  I thought boy if it’s equal to 20 or 30 of those little red ones and you’re calling it mild, then I’m really a wimp. I also have those same “Tiny Red Sticks of Dynamite” growing here.  I did not know there was such a thing as a mild Thai Pepper.

When I first started growing hot peppers I made myself eat one of those little red peppers every time I walked by the bush. I think it really helped me bring up my heat tolerance. But then I saw you eating all those Super Hots and thought that’s probably a Hershey Bar for Nigel.

I sure was happy when you went to your garden and grabbed a couple of yours to compare. It is Interesting to me that even you find those little reds hot. Does this mean I can eat a whole Moruga or 7-pot and keep my composer while describing subtle flavors? I Think Not!

Good one Nigel! You cant go wrong with a good tasting pepper! I was wondering if it tasted anything like an Aji lemon or Aji Pineapple until you said it tastes like a Thai pepper! Awesome job and awesome pepper!

Back