Selling Powder/Flakes on Ebay

Hey guys,

I have been reading up on becoming a dried pepper seller and i see it is a lot of work before u can start.

Now i could not find an answer to : Can i just start selling Flakes/Powder on Ebay ?
Or do i also need permits and all that stuff on ebay ?
( i will be selling in VERRY small quantity's )

I'm from Belgium.
Thanks,
peter.

Hi Peter,

Generally, people selling food items need to follow the rules of where you live for sales inside your state/country.  If you sell in other countries, you need to follow the rules of that country.  For example, labeling.... If I were to sell in Canada, I'd have to have all the info in French as well as English.

Now, having said that, there are tons of people selling things on eBay that are not licensed or legal to sell.  I've seen a lot of hot sauces being sold on eBay and they are obviously not legal.  It's not right, but on eBay it's pretty much Buyer Beware when purchasing food items.

Not sure if this helps you.  Good Luck on your venture.
SL

And to add to what Salsalady said, there's also no shortage of people who sell powders/flakes for one type of pepper, only to use a pepper that is nowhere near as hot. The same for seeds on there. I got burned (no pun intended), and I know a few others did as well, and again it's like Salsalady said, Buyer Beware. So be prepared if anyone approaches you on the store front and asks a lot of questions.

Hmmmm ok interesting !

Maybe i will sell flakes/powder 'illegally' on Ebay but ,
i would be a 'seller' that will have a good reputation and never scam people.
My account on Ebay has a excellent reputation allready.

Would that be a good idea in the future ?
Would u guys say this is a no no ?

(i'm going to check the law/regulations on food selling but it would be nice to know if this is an option)

Back